Where: Budapest (Hungary)
Extent of Work: Full Time
Click here to apply in English
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
So, we’re building a new one.
We’re looking for a passionate Italian speaking Customer Service Associate to join our thriving team in Budapest, Hungary to play a key role in helping our customers have a great experience when using TransferWise.
What does it take?
- Help customers have the best experience possible with our product working across email, phone and chat.
- Go above and beyond the call of duty: work independently without a script and solve complex problems working with other teams.
- Live our company Values. We’re looking for people who get (sh)it done, believe in no drama and look at the bigger picture – this isn’t just a job, it’s a revolution.
- Grow through mentoring and side projects with other teams, developing your skills and figuring out how to have a big impact on our customers.
- Work autonomously – at TransferWise you get out what you put in, so you’ll need to take the initiative when it comes to your career progression
Is that you?
- You’re legally authorised to work full time in Hungary (we can’t sponsor visas for this role).
- Your verbal and written Italian and English skills are excellent – fluent, native or equivalent to C2 level. Additional languages are a plus.
- You can multitask and take responsibility in challenging situations
- You have a razor sharp attention to detail, helping to troubleshoot issues and support our internal product teams with actionable insights.
- You’re flexible, the schedule requirements of the role can change month on month, and we work to make sure we can help our customers when they need us most.
- From time to time, we work in a quick paced environment. You need to stay cool under pressure.
- You can receive and offer constructive feedback and work to maintain our company values. We engage in cross-team and cross-office communication on a daily basis, so you need to be a strong team player.
- You’re comfortable with live communication. We speak with our customers over Chats, Phones and Emails, the former two quickly becoming our main contact channels. We also have strong communication via internal tooling, so you need to be an effective communicator.
- You’ll ideally have worked in customer service before, but don’t worry if you haven’t. We’re willing to work with the right person as long as they’re passionate and always striving to give a great customer experience.
Based on our customers’ needs, you might be assigned to work in an English speaking team.
How we work:
- We work differently and we’re proud of it. As part of our support team, you’ll play a key role in helping our customers have a great experience with TransferWise. You’ll also be the link between our customers and teams, helping our product teams identify areas for improvement.
- There’s no script and no hand holding and we trust each other to get stuff done. At TransferWise you’ll have the opportunity to have real impact, grow your skill set and work across our entire business.
- This is not your average customer service job.
- Interested? Check out this vlog to find out more about life in our Customer Support team in Tampa (as our teams work all over the globe).