Extent of Work: Full Time
Click here to apply in English
The evolution of Amazon has been driven by innovation. It’s part of our DNA. We are doing things every day that have never been done before – providing a huge selection of products and continuing to fulfill orders quickly. We accomplish this by solving complex problems with ingenuity and simplicity. We’re making history and the good news is that we’ve only just begun….
The Sortation Centers are a critical link between our best in class fulfillment network and the customer. Our ability to sort and deliver packages from multiple fulfillment centers across Europe accurately and efficiently enables fast and reliable delivery service. As the Amazon Sortation Center network continues to diversify and grow, the need to innovate on our existing infrastructure and improve customer experience while continuing to grow our footprint becomes increasingly necessary and urgent.
This is an exciting time to join to our new EU Sortation Operations team as a Program Manager to execute the launch of Sortation Centers across the EU network.
· Execute multiple time-sensitive, large-scale capital projects to meet business objectives in defined project timeframes
· Monitor resources required to launch of new Sortation Center locations
· Manage milestones with aggressive schedule commitments
· Drive standardization and consistency within our network while staying within budget constraints
· Interface, communicate and partner with cross functional teams at various levels of management
· Define staffing and technical resource planning of new sort center launches
· Work closely with IT, Engineering, Security, Loss Prevention, Safety, Facilities, Supply Chain, Finance, Human Resources, Vendors, General Contractors, Operations, and the Project Team to build and secure support and resources for projects
· Generate ideas and rolls them into the creation of best practices and standardized tools for the Sortation Centre launch process
· Understand business, technical, fiscal, and administrative functions of the assigned program, project or sub-task
· Monitor and reports on the progress of multiple project activities including significant milestones and any conditions which would affect project cost or schedule
· Willingness to travel in the EU up to 60% of the time
· Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in business, operations, logistics, supply chain or related field
· Fluent in Italian (B2+)
· Experience in managing and implementing high complexity projects
· Experience managing, negotiating, and communicating with internal/external business partners to meet organizational capacity needs
· Proficiency in Excel and Program Management Tools.
· Experience communicating data insights to key team members and stakeholders
· Experience working within tight deadlines for multiple teams or projects at the same time
· Experience in management within the Transport, Distribution or Logistics industry would be highly desirable
· PMP or other project management certification
· Proficiency with MS Project
· Experience with SQL queries
· Fluent in additional European languages
· Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
· Passion and drive for customer service