Where: Leeds (United Kingdom)
Extent of Work: Full Time
Click here to apply in English
Click here to see other job offers in Italian
- To assist with the administration of the day to day activities relating to monthly payroll covering groups of employees with differing terms and conditions. Ensuring employees are paid accurately and on time and that all statutory and contractual obligations are met.
- To liaise with HR and senior managers ensuring that all payroll activities remain compliant e.g.: External/Internal Audit requirements.
- The Payroll Advisor will act as a Tier 2 Process expert and point of escalation for any payroll administration activities and will provide guidance and support to Administrators within the team.
- To ensure that agreed KPI’s and SLA’s are in met and adhered to whilst driving a continuous improvement mind-set.
- This position requires a high percentage of incident resolution, problem-solving and technical skills using various diagnostic tools. In addition, inter-personal skills are required to guide customers through situations, providing the highest levels of resolution, support and customer satisfaction, in-line with company policy and procedures. This may often be under challenging; conditions.
- The role may take ownership of escalation and resolve general questions, problems and issues to ensure customer satisfaction and business improvement.
- Thinking associated with the interpretation of well-defined procedures to resolve problems within short timeframes.
- Thinking involved at this level is more about selecting the appropriate route rather than drawing the map.
- Manage day to day running of the EMEA payrolls including Italy, ensuring payroll schedules and deadlines are met
- Collate and input large volumes of data into excel and systems
- Provide support to the administrators and managers within the team
- Resolve queries from employees and third parties adhering to SLA with a customer-oriented mindset
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders as and when required
- Support processing employee and third party payments
- Ensure compliance with local regulatory and tax authorities
- Suggest and actively take part in process improvements
- Work closely with the Payroll team members and process owners to understand root causes
- Responsible to execute payroll processes in line with the internal controls, policy, standards and guidelines
- Reviewing the accounting files against the payroll GTN on a monthly basis and ensure the information provided to Finance is correct
- Responsible and accountable for end to end payroll execution
- Be audit ready across the end to end payroll process
- Fluent in Italian and English
- Payroll qualification or equivalent
- 3+ years’ experience processing E2E payroll, preferably working with the National Collective Bargaining Agreement of Commercial Trade.
- Experience working with third party vendors and various payroll systems
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work accurately to tight deadlines
- Strong analytical skills with experience of working with and interpreting data
- Clear and effective communication skills both written and verbal. Team player with service-oriented attitude.
- Ability to escalate issues and seek advice when faced with complex problems
- Pro-active, well organized and flexible.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Accurate and timely payroll run.
- Successful clearance of payroll audits.
- Reduced no. of post-payroll run errors.
- All activity is legally compliant.
- Partnering effectiveness and connectivity with designated client groups and the wider HR Team.