Where: Copenhagen (Denmark)
Extent of Work: Full Time
Click here to apply in English
Click here to see other job offers in English
This is a many-faceted position, where you make coffee with one hand, run the reception with the other, and juggle multiple tasks, responsibilities, and requests within the same minute. You know that buzz-sentence: ‘you must be able to multitask’? -Well … in our house this is no joke; you will quickly learn; this sentence is probably created with this position in mind.
We want to deliver the best hosting experience, and the people we strive to hire are first and foremost interested in other people. You are the first person people see when they arrive and the hand they shake when they leave. You will be talking to residents and guests in our café/reception constantly. In other words: You probably fall into the smiling category and you can make everyone feel welcome in a split second. Also on the busy days, which is most of the time.
You will be part of a team committed to delivering a high service level across everything we do. We expect a lot from ourselves and from each other. We have an informal culture, have a lot of fun, and we take care of each other. And – we believe that if something is not fun, we can do it better.
We are a small team and we help each other out when needed across job titles and main responsibilities. Everyone on the team has emptied the dishwashers in the morning, taken out the trash, lent a helping hand at lunch, or carried a bunch of tables when needed, and we expect that you will be open to help out in that same way.
The primary working areas:
- Carry out the daily operations of the cafe: open the cafe – close the cafe. Take coffee orders and prepare simple servings, stock the cafe, etc.
- Support the cafe manager in ordering and other back end stuff
- Track the financial side of the daily cafe operations
- Make sure that the cafe & lounge area is clean and organized at all times.
- Prepare coffee, snacks, etc for events.
- Open the coworking kitchenettes in the mornings: empty dishwashers, fill up coffee, etc.
- Run the daily reception tasks: Guests arrive at the house: you get a hold of the resident they are visiting. New people moving in? -You send them the onboarding email to make sure they have all the info they need before moving in. You will create their access cards, prepare a few administrative backend things for them, etc.
- Wifi down? You’ll be tracking down the supplier until wifi is running smoothly again. Need an electrician for some fixes? You’ll make it happen.
- Be the primary point of contact for needed cleaning adjustments around the house
- Handle the internal house slack for operational messages
Core skills/personality type we are looking for:
- Fluent in English written and verbal is required. Ability to understand and speak Danish is a plus
- Experience making coffee professionally is required. Barista skills are a plus
- Super organized and great administrative skills are required – experience working in a reception is a plus
- Interest in and flair for everything operational
- A people person who easily connects with others. Good at remembering names? -Bonus points for you right there 🙂
- Proactivity and high energy level
- Optimistic and a natural troubleshooter and problem solver
- In a good mood most of the time
- Interest in entrepreneurship
- Hygiene certificate is a plus
What we offer:
- Exciting startup environment where no two days are the same
- An opportunity to take real ownership and responsibility, and contribute with your ideas. Got an idea? We’d love to hear it or see it carried out!
- Being part of our Copenhagen based team while occasionally collaborating with our global colleagues digitally
- Lunch and snacks throughout the day
- Social activities – both with all residents and separately with our team
- An opportunity to broaden your network substantially
- Being part of a team and company with lots of growth possibilities