Where: Dublin (Ireland)
Extent of Work: Full Time
Click here to apply in English
Click here to see other job offers in German
What you will be doing
- Effectively resolve customer enquiries in a considerate, accurate, and timely manner.
- Compose thoughtful, personalized responses for a variety of customer requests.
- Triage incoming requests and spot trends in customer issues to flag for the wider team.
- Empathize with every aspect of the customer experience, putting customers’ needs first.
- Identify prospective customers and work to understand how they can improve their organization’s performance with Slack
- Identify, reproduce, and document bugs for our engineering teams.
- Work with the product development and QA teams to test new features and bug fixes and surfacing meaningful customer feedback.
- Make active contributions to help achieve team goals and successes.
- Contribute to the ongoing learning and success of your team, and the company, by sharing knowledge through mentorship, collaboration, and aiding in documentation.
What you should have
- You are fluent in German and English, and you are a strong, confident, and exacting writer in both languages
- You care deeply, genuinely and passionately about customer support and about the role it plays in making a customer-centric team successful.
- You have prior experience in a similar role. You know that every bit of work you do makes a real difference in making our customers happy.
- You are a self-motivated, proactive team player with innovative ideas to inspire customer adoption.
- You understand the web and how it works. You’re not necessarily writing and deploying your own JQuery-based, CSS-heavy responsive sites, but you’re also not afraid of the technology.
- You know when something is over your head and are not afraid to ask for help. You are skilled at explaining technical problems succinctly and clearly.
- You exhibit diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure when working through customer issues.
- You can work with us in our office in Dublin, Ireland.
- You have a post-secondary degree or equivalent professional experience.