Where: Budapest (Hungary)
Extent of Work: Full Time
Click here to apply in English
Click here to see other job offers in French
The Collection Specialist is responsible for executing the collection / dunning activities to make sure that the company’s cash flow position is improved, and AR aged balances are followed up regularly and the necessary actions are taken.
As an AR specialist with a broad spectrum of activities he will be also involved in the process of customer query resolution and will be working with Dispute Specialists on a timely and accurate resolution of customer complains/disputes.
The position reports to the Collections Credit and Disputes Team Leader.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor the assigned portfolio, identify delinquent accounts and promptly calling the customers once the account(s) become past due or before falling due (pre-calling) when applicable
- Responsible for his/her own portfolio`s all collection activities in order to ensure that the cash collected, past due and Controllership`s bad debt targets are met
- Follow-up on customer’s payment commitments & broken promises
- Execute the statement sending Collection & Dunning tasks according to the agreed time frames & SLA’s
- Resolve customer inquiries and disputes promptly & accurately by understanding customer & market needs
- Strive for customer satisfaction in all forms of cooperation with the Customer
- Ensure that all the Late Payers are contacted on a monthly basis using any of the collection tools
- Negotiate with customers in order to ensure the immediate payment for all outstanding invoices; mediate payment arrangements to ensure that invoiced debts do not become doubtful or bad.
- Immediately engage the management team when identifying any significant account deterioration and any critical disputes; highlight to management any potential bad debt accounts
- Support the management team enforcing repayment schedules
- Accurately maintain all customer accounts (Customer contacts, sales contacts, etc).
- Create credit reports, suggest credit limits and proposes bad debt write offs
- Ensure precise communication and swift solution around invoicing issues and disputes, while striving for a positive customer experience.
- Support the Monthly and Annual closing activities (e.g. balance confirmations)
- Ensure all activities are completed timely and in line with the country SLA`s.
- Communicates seamlessly with relevant Disputes Specialists of the given country portfolio, including dispute logging, dispute resolution and dispute closure coordination
Continuous improvement – cooperation – communication:
- Properly document all the Cash Collection and dispute resolution efforts for both follow-up and audit purposes.
- Supports internal and external audits; work on the financial statements in line
- (Compliance) with SOX guidelines
- Create and maintain desktop procedures, SOP`s as needed
- Identify areas for process improvements
- Assist in special projects as directed by management.
- College or university degree, preferably in a field related to Business, Economics or Finance
- Experience directly related to either Cash Collection/Dispute Management or Customer Service, ideally in a multinational environment
- Demonstrated effective Cash Collection and/or Dispute Management skills are an advantage
- Fluent English and French language knowledge
- ERP knowledge (Oracle or SAP) is a must
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer focused mindset
- Influencing skills
- Ability to build and maintain trust
- Detail orientation
- Keen on networking to enhance effectiveness and share knowledge
- Looks for ways to do things better, faster, more efficiently
Ability to work under pressure