Where: Budapest (Hungary)
Extent of Work: Full Time
Click here to apply in English
How can you make a difference?
The incumbent of this post will assist in the processing of monthly payrolls and staff entitlements for internationally and locally recruited UNICEF staff. HR Assistants review the submitted financial and supporting documentation and respond to staff queries on payments and general entitlement queries, also supporting Payroll Section in reviewing periodic reports for accuracy of the entitlements.
The role is ideal for early career professionals who wish to gain international exposure to a progressive expanding Centre of Excellence.
The role is office-based.
As an advocate for every child, you will have…
- Completion of secondary education (high school diploma) is required
- 5 years of relevant work experience in finance or payroll is required. A completed university degree from an accredited institution will be counted toward the minimum work experience requirements
- University level courses in administration and finance are desirable
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of Products (MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint)
- Previous hands-on experience in planning, organizing and delivering administrative support services is highly desirable.
- Proven ability to deal with confidential and sensitive communication and information is desirable.
- Work experience with a development organization is an asset
- Fluency in English (verbal and written) is required. Knowledge of an additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish) is a strong asset
- Non-EU citizens must be in possession of a valid work permit (not related to an employer) for Hungary. Please upload this to your application