Where: Berlin (Germany)
Extent of Work: Full Time
Click here to apply in English
Delivering Cognex ID and machine vision automation solutions into various retail/commercial/freight distribution centers, parcel & postal and airport baggage handling industries is one of the fastest growing segments in Cognex, what we define as our Logistics business. The Logistics business unit is chartered to lead the engineering, delivery and acceptance of our ID and vision automation solutions to some of the largest global customers in these industries.
The Logistics Solutions team is seeking a talented, innovative and hands-on instructor with a technical background for customer education of ID and machine vision solutions in the logistics industry. Instructor should have strong knowledge of programming concepts and the ability to explain them to a layperson. Strong communications skills as well as the temperament to debug and answer customer questions on the fly are needed. Instructor will have to take complex application and programming concepts and break them down into digestible chunks for new and existing users of Cognex products.
- Create world-class presentations that include technical notes to be used as reference material.
- Create pertinent course expected outcomes (student will demonstrate knowledge of…) and objectives (student will perform…) for each course and module.
- Deliver effective classes to Cognex customers and partners that empower students to solve logistics applications and inspire them to look for new ways to use Cognex products.
- Develop “learn-by-doing” hands-on lab exercises to help students learn subject matter.
- Facilitate guided lab exercises in VB.Net/C# or other programming environment
- Maintain classroom lab and computer equipment
- Enter/update student records in customer relationship management system (CMS)
- Take responsibility for special projects such as custom class requests from key customers
- Assist in curriculum planning and in website content updates
- Develop tools for evaluating the effectiveness of coursework such as quizzes and surveys
- Respond to education-related partner and customer requests via email and phone in timely manner
- 50% travel is expected; most of it will take place in Europe
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Have a professional, commanding, and patient presence in front of groups large and small. Should be comfortable in front of groups up to 50 people.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills that come across in live presentations and written work.
- Have strong PC skills and local area networking familiarity.
- Programming skills in C# or similar programming language and willingness to learn similar proprietary scripting languages.
- Strong, creative skills using PowerPoint to deliver class content. Candidates will be asked to perform a 15-20 minute presentation.
Familiarity with any of the following is a strong plus:
- Windows programming experience
- Machine vision applications, lighting or optics
- PC hardware, operating systems and common applications
- Industrial communications protocols such as EIP, DeviceNet, ProfiNet, etc.
- Ladder logic and PLC programming
- AIA Certified Vision Professional Training and Certification
- Fluent in French, German, English, Spanish or Portuguese
- BS in CS, EE or equivalent.
- 2+ years experience in relevant, high-tech, customer education role.