Where: Rome (Italy)
Extent of Work: Full Time
Click here to apply in English
OHR develops, recommends and facilitates implementation of human resources policies, procedures and services and advises management on appropriate measures and strategies to ensure that the Organization attracts, develops and retains a diverse, skilled and highly motivated workforce. OHR administers the Organization’s human resources management programmes, in particular in the areas of human resources policy development, position management, recruitment, mobility, training and social security. It supports the HR Units and staff throughout the Organization, in the Shared Service Centre and the Regional Offices, to ensure that HR processes and programmes are delivered in a consistent, effective and efficient manner.
The Human Resources Officer reports to a senior Human Resources Officer.
Recruitment and selection for both regular programme and project vacancies, staffing, succession planning.
The provision of human resource services to management and staff.
• Processes, coordinates arrangements, and delivers services in an HR discipline;
• Researches and analyzes human resource policy and service delivery issues, maintains operational statistics, and prepares related reports;
• Develops and maintains HR systems, processes and practices;
• Contributes to the development of information and training materials and coordinates and assists in the presentation of information/ training sessions to management and staff;
• Provides HR information and advice to management and staff;
• Participates on project teams and work groups.
• Monitors and supports the day-to-day operational activities to improve productivity, efficiency and quality of service delivery by ensuring the appropriate application of Staff rules and Regulations;
• Supports the activities of the FSSP (Field Staff Selection Panels) as well as the Professional Staff Selection Committee (PSSC) and provides quality advice on selection procedures and other related matters;
• Ensures quality of recruitment-related documents in particular for project vacancies at corporate level; reviews the recruitment and selection-related documents providing advice on the appropriate procedures and guidelines and ensuring consistency of the selection process;
• Supports workforce and succession planning to ensure dynamic evolution of structures and effective deployment of post resources;
• Researches and analyzes human resources policy and service delivery within and outside the Organization (UN systems and other international organizations); reviews recruitment processes and formulates proposals for improvements;
• Performs other related duties as required;
• Advanced university degree in human resources, management, business administration, organizational development, industrial psychology or a related field
• Three years of relevant experience in human resources management preferably in recruitment
• Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish)
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable
• Extent and relevance of experience in human resources management in particular recruitment
• Extent and relevance of experience in ensuring compliance to rules and regulations and expressing sound judgement thereon
• Familiarity with automated human resources management systems
• Working knowledge (level C) of another FAO official language is considered a strong asset