Where: Barcelona (Spain)
Extent of Work: Full Time
Click here to apply in English
Click here to see other job offers in French
You will be join the Translation Team within the Consumer Localization department, you will play a key role in ensuring that human and machine-generated translations meet the right level of quality for our customers. You will:
· Providing manual translation during the launch phase of a new language combination o Post-edit machine-translated product detail pages in an efficient way to increase the product availability for the customer in their preferred language
· Perform activities to support the training and development of a machine translation engine in preparation for the transition to post-editing
· Conduct quality checks by proofreading/reviewing linguistic work from your peers, freelancer translators and other external vendors to ensure adherence to customer’s and company’s quality standards.
· Provide feedback and linguistic coaching to your peers, freelance translators and other external vendors and engage in quality improvement initiatives when needed.
· Monitor external vendor quality progress, investigate quality variations and develop and implement measures to drive quality improvement in collaboration with other internal teams.
· Control and improve machine-translation engines’ quality by assessing output and providing linguistic feedback.
· Translate product attributes and take part in other human translation projects.
· Depending on the group’s needs and your own skills and inclinations, support our leadership, business and tech teams by taking an active part in hiring, training, project management, technical support, etc.
What we offer:
· Training on the job
· Lots of room for your own initiative and development in a dynamic, multicultural team
· A permanent contract
· Competitive compensation, local benefits package and relocation support
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills, and embrace non-traditional paths to achieve the required competences. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
We don’t expect any individual to be able to do everything, we work as a team with each member bringing their unique skills to the mix and strengthening the whole. We dedicate time and effort to training our people to help them succeed in their role and grow their career.
· French native level
· Able to work from English (mandatory), Italian o Educated to degree level, preferably in Language Studies, Translation, Interpreting or Communication, or related fields such as Philology, Journalism, Public Relations, etc.
· Fully-functional oral and written communication skills in English
· Highly motivated to learn, develop and grow
· Knowledge of CAT tools
· Customer and business oriented
· Curious, flexible across multiple tasks
· Some previous experience with language related tasks, such as translation, proof-reading, editing, content creation or interpreting desirable
· Ability to prioritize, work towards deadlines
· Ability to take initiative and produce results, as well as to collaborate effectively with a diverse team