Where: Valencia (Spain)
Extent of Work: Full Time
Click here to apply in English
Click here to see other job offers in German
When was the last time your words were read by millions?
Do you want your words to be seen by millions of people? Are you the kind of person who loves to turn a bland concept into near-poetry? Eager to test your writing skills on a huge stage? We want to talk to you.
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you’re ready to be part of Groupon.
The Editorial department is a team of creative writers and editors who craft the written content on Groupon’s deal pages. We write and edit compelling copy about a diverse range of topics, from global vacations to local experiences. Our goal is to tell the story of every deal in a refreshing, interesting way that keeps customers informed and excited at the same time.
As a Content Specialist at Groupon, you will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy, quality, and clarity of merchant offerings on the Groupon platform. Your focus will be on upholding Groupon’s commitment to transparency through researching, writing, and editing deals and publishing them to the site. As a Content Specialist, you will occasionally assemble and process content from existing information, but primarily will write deal content from scratch. You will also field last-minute and live edit requests for deals and strive to find solutions to deal-specific issues that balance the interests of Groupon, our customers, and our merchants.
We’re a “best of both worlds” kind of company. We’re big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We’re curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Create high-quality deal and merchant descriptions from scratch using Groupon’s internal style
- Write compelling, customer-facing copy that helps customers make smart purchasing decisions
- Clarify deal information with account owners to prevent questions that might arise downstream, from internal groups or customers
- Identify problem trends in the deal pipeline and provide feedback to partners and operations managers
- Handle time-sensitive requests using multiple tools
- Identify and provide solutions to big-picture and small-picture problem trends
- Troubleshoot technical issues as required within internal tools and products
- Prioritize multiple workflows based on urgency and business needs
We’re excited about you if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in German preferred
- Relevant writing experience a plus
- Clear verbal and written communication skills in both German and English
- Detail-oriented, strong problem solving skills
- You’re comfortable with ambiguity yet can also work with established metrics and goals
- You should be curious, autonomous and have a strong sense of ownership and desire to improve process
- Ability to work independently and meet high productivity and quality expectations
- You are flexible occasionally working Saturday when necessary
- Experience within a content management system and Excel experience preferred, but not required