Where: Amsterdam (Netherlands)
Extent of Work: Full Time
Click here to apply in English
Click here to see other job offers in English
- We work every day for a safer, more secure and sustainable aviation industry
- You will be part of an international organisation
About Our Client
The Joint Aviation Authorities Training Organisation (JAA TO) is a Dutch Foundation providing regulatory training
courses in multiple fields of aviation to help improve aviation safety worldwide and promote the understanding of
existing and new European and international aviation regulations. JAA TO is the associated body of the European
Civil Aviation Conference (ECAC). It is a Regional Training Centre of Excellence (RTCE) of the United Nations
International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and a leading member of the Virtual Academy of the European
Aviation Safety Agency (EASA). With more than 500 training courses scheduled per year at the headquarters in
Hoofddorp, the Netherlands, as well as at various partner- and customer- locations worldwide, JAA TO serves as a
platform for the aviation community to learn and exchange views on the latest regulatory developments.
JAA TO is looking for a native English speaker Marketing & Communications Officer for its office in the Netherlands. This longtime experienced professional will play a major role in positioning the organisation in the international aviation market as the State-of-the-Art Learning & Knowledge Centre delivering the highest quality solutions for capacitating aviation professionals and organisations worldwide which is one of the Business Development projects and part of the implementation of the company¡¯s mid-term strategical plan. Reporting to the Business Developer & Strategist (a member of the Management Team), the professional will be responsible for two main roles:
The role as communications expert:
Responsible, independently, for all social media marketing, newsletters, website content, articles, press releases,
interviews, marketing/communications campaigns, brochures/catalogues/leaflets, photographs, videos, company
merchandise and reporting; including writing, developing, editing and designing as required. Whilst performing this
hands-on work proactively, the professional will focus on understanding the business and the organisations
strategy/vision/mission in order to level up and standardize the current communication activities.
The role as marketing specialist:
Once the organisations Marketing Communications and overall approach have been significantly improved, the
professional will take on a more specialized role. Acting as the antenna¡ inside and outside the organisation, s/he
will establish relationship with new and existing customers in all segments, to look into their current and future
needs from a market research perspective.
The Successful Applicant
* Minimum University (bachelor) degree in marketing, communications, journalism etc. Masters degree
* Minimum 3 years relevant experience in the field of Product Marketing and Marketing Communications,
no starter. Experience in the Aviation industry is an advantage.
* Able to translate strategic decisions into concrete marketing communication actions.
* Native English speaker with excellent writing skills.
* A strong understanding, knowledge and multiple years relevant hands-on work experience in the field of
online and inbound marketing as well as PR.
* Excellent knowledge of all communications trends, including hands-on experience with Social Media, Video
Marketing, Customer Journey and Value Proposition.
* Excellent and diplomatic communication skills, both verbal and written, within a multi-cultural environment.
* Entrepreneurial mindset, creative and persuasive writing skills for online and offline marketing activities.
* Able to create content e.g. texts/pictures/videos independently, without the need for professional photo-,
videographer or graphic designer.
* Knowledge of Google Analytics, SEO/SEA, Mailchimp, Content Management Systems and Social Media
Publishing & Management tools. Skilled in Adobe tools and InDesign/Photoshop