Where: Reading (United Kingdom)
Extent of Work: Full Time
Click here to apply in English
About the Team
The Workday Education team creates and delivers engaging and innovative learning solutions to help customers, partners, and employees make the most of Workday’s unified solution.
About the Role
As a Translations and Content Editor, you will be responsible for taking our content from good to amazing! You will be part of the end-to-end content development process, actively consulting with course developers to ensure quality, consistency, and accuracy. Your specific role will be to review translations from our localization team to ensure a consistent, high-quality experience of our learners in multiple languages. You will also support the growth of the role and team by actively identifying and driving quality improvements within Workday Education. You must have a passion for quality content and work, consistently striving to make every aspect better.
Major responsibilities include:
Reviewing and editing content in English, French, German, and Spanish for multiple deliverable types, including eLearning, course manuals, and presentation decks.
Providing informal suggestions and formal proposals to improve content design, including visual aspects.
Ensuring educational deliverables meet learning objectives and learner needs.
Being an advocate for and driving adoption of standards, branding, and best practices through innovative work and leadership.
Supporting instructors, course developers, and Workday Education to achieve individual and team improvement and success across a wide range of initiatives.
- You are a confident and strong writer with excellent communication skills and a solid understanding of the nuances of multiple languages. You can explain technical concepts succinctly and clearly to technical and non-technical audiences alike. You should be obsessed with the details and use your passion for quality to identify content, design, and translation issues before learners do. You are focused on ensuring a great learner experience. You must be able to successfully collaborate with others, including being able to regularly provide constructive criticism about individuals’ work relative to quality standards. You are comfortable reporting to and collaborating with a remote team and have the ability to travel to the U.S. to attend meetings at least twice per year.
- We are looking for someone with the following skills:
- 3+ years’ experience in editing content.
- Business-level fluency in English, Spanish, French, and German, including exposure to technical vocabulary in each language is essential.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (specifically, Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Google tools (specifically, Docs, Sheets, Slides).
- Proficiency with a content management system.
- A clear understanding of sound visual design principles.
- Excellent writing and editing skills (spelling, grammar, punctuation, clarity, voice, style, tone), with the ability to teach others.
- Excellent organizational, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail.
- Able to manage multiple projects and deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with instructors, course developers, and other individuals and teams within Workday.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; relevant working experience required.
- Instructional design experience a plus.
- Proficiency using authoring and graphics tools (Adobe Captivate, InDesign, etc.).
- Familiarity with instructional design trends and practices, such as ADDIE, blended learning, rapid development, etc.
- Knowledge of learning management systems (Cornerstone, Blackboard, etc.).
- Experience designing or developing training for software systems.
- Experience presenting specific topics to inform or lead.
- Passion for staying current on industry trends and related learning technology.
- Ability to demonstrate technical aptitude or knowledge of Workday products a plus.
- Please Note: Applicants will be required to complete writing, design, and language fluency assessments as part of the interview process.