Where: Berlin (Germany)
Extent of Work: Full Time
Click here to apply in English
Click here to see other job offers in Spanish
About the role
We are currently seeking a talented, driven, highly capable all-rounder to lead our operations management team in Berlin.
The City Manager is responsible for successfully running the operations of their business unit, implementing and developing new business strategies in the city, as well as developing new partnerships to ensure the growth of the business, and the retention and strengthening of existing business partnerships.
In addition to this, they oversee a team of staff and are responsible for maintaining excellent relations with freelance tour guides. This is an extremely hands-on role that requires a flexible, can-do attitude and the ability to work independently.
We’re looking for someone with a strong background in operations, tourism, customer service or team management who will be able to hit the ground running in this operations management role. The ideal candidate will have the drive and determination to push the business forward over the coming years and will have a passion for Berlin and the travel industry.
The role will include:
- Developing and implementing new business strategies
- Developing new partnerships within the local tourism marketplace and strengthening existing partnerships
- Ensuring and supervising the smooth running of daily operations
- Managing a team of staff, including responsibility for internal staff development and training
- Maintaining relations with freelance guides, partners and external stakeholders
- Preparing monthly, weekly and ad-hoc management reports for the senior management team and providing full analysis of performance data, including budgeting and revenue forecasting.
What we offer:
- The chance to travel and develop your management skills in a fast-paced and exciting youth-travel industry
- Training and mentoring opportunities locally in Berlin and internationally around our network
- Mostly autonomous and highly varied work
- The opportunity to be part of an incredibly diverse workforce, cooperating with managers and directors from around the world and every department of the company
- Potential to grow in the company in a number of different areas