Where: Galway (Ireland)
Extent of Work: Full Time
Click here to apply in English
Click here to see other job offers in Portuguese
We want you to join us! We’re hiring a Games Advisor. Games Advisors are on the Live Support Team and report to a Customer Experience Team Manager.
This role is part of EA’s Customer Experience organization, which is making EA known for taking care of its players. We’re players helping players, people helping people – whenever, wherever, and however they need us.
Our Games Advisors are fans of video games and the gaming industry. They’re also passionate about helping people and giving great customer service. They are the first point of contact when players ask EA for help. They listen to the question or issue, put themselves in the player’s shoes to understand their situation, then they give gameplay advice or fix the problem. Games Advisors are our ultimate champion for EA players.
So how do Games Advisors make great experiences for players? They:
- are passionate about player-first customer service in a bustling and fun work environment
- care for each player request from beginning to end
- build trust with players by giving them such great service, they’ll tell their friends about it. We measure this through customer satisfaction surveys after each contact.
- troubleshoot technical issues, like helping a player link their gamer IDs to their EA Account, figuring out why they can’t connect, or deciphering an error code to help them get back in the game
- keep up with game issues and events so you can give players an accurate solution the first time they contact us
- stay cool when things are busy, and keep things moving, so you can help as many players as possible. You might help players via chat, email, social media, or phone.
- advocate for players by reporting the most common issues and questions so we can fix or improve them
- keep player account information and EA internal information secure and confidential
- work a set shift that may change based on what the organization, and our players, need most
If you’re interested in this role, you’ll need these skills or experiences:
- a minimum of two years’ experience helping customers in a high-volume, call center environment (a games industry call center is a plus!)
- verbal and written fluency in English
- a basic understanding of EA games across multiple genres like FIFA, The Sims, Battlefield, Need for Speed, or Mass Effect
- to be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and able to adapt to changes in processes and tools as they happen
- to have a good attendance record and a plan to be on-time to work, every day
- to be comfortable and confident using a computer and typing for most of the day