Where: Stockholm (Sweden)
Extent of Work: Full Time, Permanent term
Click here to apply in English via e-mail, set “Children on the Move” as subject
The Children on the Move Advisor (TA) will contribute to the thematic development and quality assurance of Save the Children Sweden´s global work on Children on the Move. The TA will provide thematic support, technical assistance and capacity building on Child Protection with a particular focus on Child migration and displacement, to colleagues, other Save the Children members and Save the Children country and regional programmes and partners. The advisor will work in close coordination and cooperation with other advisors from related thematic areas from across Save the Children as well as participate in other international coordination mechanisms and groups.
The TA is expected to contribute to the overall development of the thematic area of Child Protection and Children on the Move, including developing integrated programs and ensuring mainstreaming of cross-cutting issues.
Travel is part of the work.
The role holder is part of the International Programme Department, section for Thematic Support and reports to the Head of Development Unit.
In order to be successful in this role you’ll bring:
- University degree within a relevant field (or equivalent knowledge acquired through other means)
- Documented experience from qualified work on policy development, advocacy and programming in a migration/ refugee/ IDP context
- Proven history of extensive work in an international program context in general and in particular working with migration and child rights programming during 6 years or more
- Experience in integrated sector approaches and/or relevant experience in other cross-sectorial work
- Excellent conceptual and theoretical understanding of Child Protection, Rights Based Approach, Civil Society and Governance
- Experience in leading or co-leading external or internal coordination mechanisms and groups
- Experience from work with thematic development and knowledge development
- Demonstrated ability to train and facilitate
- Demonstrated ability to work in a changing, multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships and teambuilding
- Excellent writing, communications and networking skills in English. Additional languages. Swedish, Spanish, French and Arabic is an asset
- Desirable qualifications are specific experience of working within the areas of; children without appropriate care, trafficking, sexual violence and child protection system strengthening.
- On a personal level you’ll share our values You will also need ability to lead and inspire others, deliver results and work both independently and as part of a team.