Where: Buenos Aires (Argentina)
Extent of Work: Full Time
Click here to apply in English
Click here to see other job offers in English
Lead new product development and product enhancement activities, manage team members responsible for development and enhancement of business applications. The Leader’s chief objective is to ensure that the team produces technically superior software that provides tangible value to customers. Responsible for delivery by and management of a technical team consisting of engineers and QA. Accountable for product quality, and motivating and mentoring development staff.
Major Areas of Accountability
- Utilize in-depth understanding of engineering processes and needs to provide vision in planning for current and future releases.
- Guide staff in development projects throughout the development life cycle, instilling a culture of high quality.
- Use deep domain knowledge to provide guidance and coaching to more junior team members.
- Monitor ongoing status of projects, and provide the necessary support and resources to team members to ensure that the development meets functional requirements and project timelines.
- Oversee the development of new processes and refinement of existing processes.
- Regularly provide guidance, training and coaching to team members for performance and career development in parallel to the day to day management of their actions and activity.
- Act as a role model for the department by demonstrating strong leadership, decision-making, and collaboration capabilities.
- Be the point person for resolution of escalated concerns and issues.
- Maintain a clear line of communication with team and regularly provide relevant status updates.
- Estimates effort required for own work, and checks and agrees other team members’ estimates. Accountable for planning work assigned to their team, including work breakdown, accurate estimate and identification of possible solution options.
- Leads project planning sessions with stakeholders and Business Analysts to analyze requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in technology or equivalent experience required.
- Advanced understanding of software development methodologies and best practices.
- Significant work experience within the technology discipline.
- Experience in demonstrating leadership, influence and collaboration in a diverse, global environment.
- Significant knowledge of industry trends
- Very good level of English proficiency