Where: Seattle (United States)
Extent of Work: Full Time
Click here to apply in English
Click here to see other job offers in Arabic
Who you are:
You are a highly motivated individual who is excited about taking your passion for news to a growing technology start up. You are a team player and thrive in a fast paced, newsroom atmosphere where you can you utilize your fluency in Arabic and Farsi to be our in house expert on the propagation of media across the Middle East. In this role you will have your finger on the pulse of what moves Dataminr.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on Middle Eastern conflict, news and developments.
- Utilize your strong background in journalism, Middle Eastern studies and Arabic/Farsi language to monitor and analyze the quality of our data feeds and signals
- Conduct both qualitative and technical research to assess new product features and provide feedback to engineering and product teams
- QA software and identify any issues to elevate to our product and engineering teams
- Liaise with Sales and Marketing teams to provide technical assessments as required
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors degree required; concentration in in journalism, Arabic studies, terrorism/conflict issues, Middle Eastern Studies or closely related field strongly preferred.
- Primary Language: Arabic and/or Farsi (Native-level fluency preferred)
- Fluency in English required
- 1-5 years’ experience covering spot news at a news organization focused on the Middle East or prior experience in the government or military
- Ability to monitor and analyze data quickly in both Arabic/Farsi and English
- Demonstrated expertise and a passion for technology, social media (specifically Twitter) and following world news and current events
- Technical knowledge of APIs and Data Analytics is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivation and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team