Where: San Josè (Costa Rica)
Extent of Work: Full Time
Click here to apply in English
Clich here to see other job offers in Portuguese
Data Associate, Portuguese
Amazon Devices is seeking a Data Associate to join our data team. We are building language solutions that power the Amazon Devices.
This role focuses on language data, primarily in the areas of transcription, text annotation, and general data analysis deliverables. The Associate must be capable of:
◦ Transcribing and annotating high priority deliverables
◦ Delivering high quality work under aggressive deadlines
◦ Translating established guidelines into daily work practices
◦ Working autonomously with minimal direction
◦ Handling unique data analysis requests from a range of data customers
◦ Contributing to process improvements to reduce handling time and improve output
In addition, the Data Associate will need to quickly understand changes to conventions deployed in response to customers’ requests and change workflows accordingly. The Associate should be able to contribute to improvements in the software tools by identifying bugs and suggesting enhancements.
The Data Associate must have a passion for data, efficiency, and accuracy. The ideal candidate also:
◦ Shows proactive behavior in addressing issues and problems
◦ Possesses excellent communication and organizational skills, and is very detailed-oriented
◦ Is comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
◦ Demonstrates willingness to support several projects at one time, and to accept re-prioritization as necessary
◦ Adapts quickly to keep up with changing project conventions and new projects.
· Fluency in Portuguese, both verbal and written
· Fluency in Spanish, both verbal and written
· Able to work with audio content (wearing headsets) for a portion of the day (8 hours per day)
· Working knowledge of computers.
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; a degree working with language, linguistics preferred
· Experience working as a transcriber or annotator
· Experience using Portuguese in a professional setting.
· Practical knowledge of data processing needs and trade-offs
· Experience working with language data, including experience with annotation and other forms of data markup
· Interest in semantics and related areas