Where: Seattle (United States)
Extent of Work: Full Time
Click here to apply in English
Key responsibilities of the position are:
· The Compliance Specialist position relies on excellent judgment to plan and accomplish goals, working under very limited supervision of a manager. Excellent individual problem-solving and analytical skills are used to review customers and complex transactions.
· All candidates will be analytical and capable of succeeding in a fast-paced team environment.
· Clearly and timely communicate findings, determinations and recommendations to compliance management and business partners, both at periodic intervals and as needed regarding escalated or high risk compliance issues.
· Identify regulatory compliance risks/concerns and make suggestions and/or take corrective actions to implement solutions to improve controls/operations.
· Guide management in the development/review of applicable policies, procedures and business practices.
· Engage in frequent written and verbal communication with management and business partners to accomplish goals.
· Fluent in Arabic
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 1-3 years of experience in regulatory or compliance environment, a regulatory agency, risk management or other internal control functions (Trade Compliance, Banking, Law firm) within a complex international organization.
· Experience with OFAC compliance requirements and a compliance function or sanctions screening systems for a corporation, law firm, trade compliance function, payments, money transmitter or banking industry
· Written and verbal communication skills and ability to translate concepts into clear steps and communicate to stakeholders.
· Ability to thrive in a fast paced, changing environment.
· This person must also appreciate the legal, compliance, and financial context of their work and display appropriate sensitivity to the confidential nature of the work.