Where: London (United Kingdom)
Extent of Work: Full Time
Click here to apply in English
Outbrain is seeking an enthusiastic collector who is ready to take on a challenge with a large portfolio of customers in France (and other EU countries in the future) in a fast growing sales driven organisation.
To manage collections of accounts receivable on the portfolio of direct advertisers, advertising agencies and online publishers in France and ensure maintenance of its credit control and debtor days, whilst maintaining professional contact with customers.
Direct reporting line to Accounts Receivables Manager (based in NY).
For this position, we are committed to finding an experienced collector with the ability to collect efficiently from a growing customer portfolio whilst maintaining sensitive relationships with our customers as well as the sales organisation.
Your first year should look like this:
- In your first month, you should find your bearings, understand the Outbrain service and our customer types, and start to build key internal and external relationships. You will learn the systems required for your role including Netsuite and Salesforce. You will get comfortable with sending regular statements and encouraging collection by contacting customers via telephone and email.
- After 3 months, you will be an expert in collecting from French customers, reconciling individual accounts and starting to assist collections in other regions (Italy as an example).
- After 6 months, you will have confidence in full knowledge of your customer portfolio, and able to report to your manager potential bad debts as identified through the collection process. You will be communicating regularly with Sales, Account Management, Finance and Legal on remedial action for overdue amounts.
- When you finish up your first year, you will be an essential part of the credit and collections team, having substantially improved Outbrain’s DSO. You will assist in other areas when necessary such as audit related requests.
- Emailing reconciled and up to date statements to clients each month and after each payment
- Collecting payments
- Liaising with Sales Reps & Account Managers for collection and billing queries expressed by the client and ensuring the follow up
- Cash application
- Assisting in bank reconciliations for France
- Closing invoices against upfront payments at the beginning of each month
- It would be a bonus if you had some experience in billing and credit-control
- Fluency in French and English is essential
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a Collections role
- Proven results in reducing debtor days
- Effective and sensitive communication skills
- Strong ability to adapt to a fast paced sales driven organisation where processes are still being implemented or refined
- Proactive attitude – ability to take initiative to get things done
- Be motivated with an eye for process improvement
- Proficient Microsoft Excel and IT skills
- Quick learner of new systems
- Confident in reconciling accounts with mis-matched payments, credit notes etc,
- Experience of working with advertising, marketing, or media agencies in France is highly preferable
- Additional European language would be a plus