Where: London (United Kingdom)
Extent of Work: Full Time
Click here to apply in English
What is this role about?
This is the key analytical layer within the Pricing and Yield Management organization. The Pricing Analyst Team Lead will act as the Country Interface within their designated team as well as be responsible for proposing and delivering pricing and yield management strategies to ensure that the targets for their areas of responsibility are achieved.
- Involved in setting country specific pricing strategies
- Involved in country level demand forecasting and revenue tracking against CE in month
- Act as team delegate in meetings with Senior members of pricing team and other internal functions such as Fleet
- Prepare analysis and actively lead weekly country pricing calls Assist where appropriate the Country Yield & Pricing Manager in training and management of junior analysts
- Evaluate, propose and implement overall pricing/contribution strategy for Pools (or country) to which they are assigned
- Take daily decisions on pricing (yielding) actions
- Monitor and report on the day-to-day actions of Hertz competitors in the marketplace, ensuring that Hertz’ actions are appropriate, targeted, and effective both for special events and the more frequently occurring mid-week peaks. Both in terms of pricing (mid to long-term) as well as in terms of general availability in the short term
- Communicate notable trends to all levels of management
- Analyzing all available forms of competitive and internal data to identify both competitive threats and opportunities. Take on a leadership role in expanding the usage of any key analysis beyond their regions to the entire division, even globally.
- Work closely with the Analytics team, interpret any key finding or analysis to find applicability to their regions of responsibility, and incorporate this data into the daily decision-making process.
- Evaluate the forecast for their regions daily to ensure the recommendations provided by CMS are based on a solid projection of both future business conditions and the operational realities of the business. Decide and input demand influences and/or changes to key system parameters as necessary based on any key findings. Incorporate bottom-up planning into adjustment of forecast. Evaluate the accuracy of the forecast.
- Interact closely with distribution (logistics) on reviewing and acting on recommendations from CMS (yield management tool) on a daily basis.
- Interact closely with operations on reviewing and acting on pricing recommendations in CMS on a daily basis.
- Ownership of the assigned geographical area in CMS in regards to the maintenance and adjustment of system parameters.
What do we need from you?
- Four years college degree or relevant business experience, preferably in Business, Economics, Econometrics
- Multi-lingual – required to be fluent in both English and Italian
- Experience within a complex, demand/supply planning environment
- Process innovation and development; management via KPIs
Excellent computer skills is essential (advanced excel, planning/forecasting tools)
- Ideally, data-mining and SQL capabilities
- Strong problem solving/analytical skills
- Strong Communicator and Presenter