Where: Göteborg (Sweden)
Extent of Work: Full Time
Click here to apply in English
What we offer
At Outbound Logistics, you are part of a global supply team which ensure that the cars we build are delivered to our customers at expected lead times. To make this happen, we secure that all outgoing transportation is established and executed, cost efficiently and with exact precision, to the entire Volvo Cars organisation. Are you service and business minded? Do you share our passion about transportation flows and want to reach your personal goals together with other people? Outbound Logistics is the place for you to prosper.
With the recent successful insourcing of export documentation specialists into the team, we have grown to seven members. It is the vision of the group to develop people through the organization based on motivation, expertise and experience. We now have the exciting opportunity to support this group with a new Documentation Specialist.
What you’ll do
You will manage and co-ordinate the Outbound Logistics export document flow for Volvo Cars. The main purpose of this group is to secure the process of correct trading documents for each market. Flow starts from factory completion of cars until the car is delivered to the dealer, importer or Sales Company Stock Location. Your daily work tasks will be to daily monitor and co-ordinate the export process at Volvo Cars including documents like; Packing list, Arab certificate, Non wood certificate, Marine policy, Insurance certificate, ARC Angola, On Demand invoices, Letter Of Credit instructions, Legalization from Embassies, POD Arab countries. You will also:
- Stay in daily contact with Transport planners and secure that shipping documents are submitted with courier in time. This can be Seaway Bills or Bill of Ladings. Provide our markets with timely and correct information about their export handling documents.
- Included in the task is to provide internal documents like COO, Certificate of Origin, COC, Certificate of Conformity and other documents.
- Furthermore we need to provide legalizations from Chambers of Commerce.
- To act in cross-functional teams of people in VCG and Carriers in order to develop and improve the document handling process from a performance, quality, lead time and cost view.
- Work with SRM purchase orders for your suppliers and work with KPI, Key Performance Indicators, for your areas.
You and your skills
We think you have a bachelor degree within business administration or supply chain/logistics. You need to have knowledge of the routines and working methods within Outbound Logistics document handling. Operational experience needed from Ocean carriers, Customs and documentation. Knowledge of yards/Compounds/Hubs, Vehicle plants, National Sales Companies, IT systems and Harbor operations. You have worked in similar roles earlier with administrative tasks within Logistics. You have a strong knowledge and experience in MS Excel as well as Adobe.
You enjoy working with administrative tasks, where you have the ability to drive towards document closing. As you will be working with handling documents you need work with precision and structure. You love to work hands on where you can use your problem solving skills. As a person you are a team player and you enjoy to be creative on a daily basis. To conclude you are fluent in English and any other language is beneficial.