Where: Milan (Italy)
Extent of Work: Full Time
Click here to apply in English
Working at Microsoft
We are part of a diverse and multi-cultural team of customer focused and results-driven influencers. With a growth mindset and collaboration at its core, the domain leverages the unique talents and skills of all individuals to drive success and deliver results.
This is your opportunity to work and learn with the foremost Microsoft Dynamics 365 experts on a variety of projects, technologies, and geographies. At Microsoft you will be provided with a range of opportunities for professional and personal development across all our technologies and business. As a member of the Microsoft’s Business Applications Domain, you will work on the largest and most complex customer projects across EMEA that will make a real difference in millions of people’s lives
Empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. Our mission statement is a commitment to our customers. We deliver on that commitment by striving to create technology that is accessible to everyone. This is what inspires us, drives our work and pushes us to challenge the status quo every day. At Microsoft, we also work to empower our employees, so that they can achieve more. Our leadership is focused on bringing out the best in our people, supporting their goals, and allowing them to find deep meaning in their work.
Growth mind-set: At Microsoft, we’re insatiably curious and continuously learning. We lean into uncertainty, take risks and learn fast from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas because we are better together.
Customer obsessed: We are passionate about helping our customers achieve more. We listen and learn about our customers with a beginner’s mind; bringing solutions that meet their needs and innovation to surprise and delight them.
Diversity and inclusion: We don’t just value differences, we seek them out and invite them in. Microsoft is a place where employees can be who they are. As a result, we have better ideas, better products and our customers are better served.
One Microsoft: We are a family of individuals united by one mission. We work together, build on each other’s ideas and collaborate across boundaries to bring the best of Microsoft to our customers as one.
Making a difference: We stand in awe of what human’s dare to achieve and we are motivated every day to empower billions of people to achieve more through our technology and innovation. Our employees harness the power to build on the company’s far-reaching momentum and are driven to change the world.
We are committed to reinvent business processes and productivity, build the intelligent cloud platform and create more personal computing. These three goals are interconnected; allowing us to attract, develop and retain the best talent to be more innovative in the products and services we develop, in the way we solve problems, and in the way, we serve the needs of an increasingly global and diverse customer and partner base.
The Project Manager in the Business Applications Domain takes responsibility for project delivery and execution on one or more of Microsoft’s Dynamics projects at our customers and may operationally report to a Program Manager as part of a larger engagement. The role requires deep project management experience in a consulting organization, broad technology knowledge, the ability to understand how the Microsoft technologies will support an organization’s digital transformation, and the ability to facilitate the successful deployment of complex ERP or CRM solutions across multiple business teams and physical locations within an organization.
The Project Manager will help identify, pursue, and close strategic business development opportunities while continually driving addon business within existing accounts. To accomplish this, the Project Manager must be effective in fostering executive level relationships. The successful candidate will help translate business needs into technology solutions which will be formulated in contracts and/or statements of work.
The Project Manager is a key enabler for the success of an engagement, orchestrating Microsoft consultants, offshore resources, and partner staff. They manage the complete lifecycle of large and complex projects, and have a passion for customers that is demonstrated through professionalism and striving for excellence in all aspects of the customer experience. The Project Manager will need to be able to manage difficult and challenging situations and facilitate team and customer conflicts. The Project Manager is a leader; they will walk the halls, understand what’s happening, and lead their team, the customer, and the project’s delivery partners. They must have an excellent understanding of the fundamentals of project management, the experience of putting those principles into practice, and the personality and experience to be the go-to person for the project. The Project Manager must understand the needs of the customer (Statement of Work, conditions of satisfaction, success criteria), Microsoft (needs of all internal stakeholders), the vision of Microsoft Services and Microsoft Business Solutions, and be able to steer a path to meet the needs of all.
The Project Managers in the Business Applications Domain act as mentors for project teams engaged in large Business Solutions implementations.
Required skills and experience
Experience required for this role includes:
- Successfully delivered 5+ ERP and/or CRM projects for enterprise class customers
- PMI PMP Certified Project Manager is desirable
- Excellent communications (up / down / peers)
- Experience in supporting contractual & commercial management and execution
- Executive relationship management
- Experience in working in international corporations and is familiar with the corporate culture, policies, compliance and processes
- Experience in working with offshore delivery teams
- Proven track level in business domain & technical conversation
- Experienced in day to day project management including staffing, milestones, cost management, and deliverables
- Ability to work closely with the project team to find appropriate solutions, and proactively set up action plans to anticipate on complex problematics
- Experience or Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics CRM or ERP is desirable
Core accountabilities required skills are as follows:
- Overall Responsibility for Project Planning and Delivery
- Directing & Managing Project Work
- Stakeholder & Communication Management
- Scope Management and Change Control
- Project Issue and Risk Management
- Customer facing Status Reporting and Project Health
- Working with Customer Project Manager on Planning and Monitoring the Project
- Project Financial Management, Profitability and Accurate Revenue Forecasting
- Additional Microsoft-internal reporting
- Subcontractor-Project Control (Partners, Global Delivery, and ISVs)
- Work Order Amendments and general Contract Administration
- Timesheet and Expense Submission, Tracking, and Approval
- Contractor and Customer Invoice Management and Approval
- Efficiency in Escalation Management (from customer and internally)
- Customer Satisfaction Management
- Personnel On-boarding / Rolling-off
- Managing highly Technical Resources
- Schedule and Task Management
- Project Documentation Management
- Monitoring & Controlling Project Activities
- Quality Plan Execution
- Facilitate Peer Reviews
- Project Knowledge and IP management
The successful candidate will have a BS/BA degree, or equivalent work experience and 8+ years hands-on project management experience with large scale enterprise, global ERP or CRM solutions (such as Dynamics, Oracle, SAP, Lawson, Salesforce.com, etc.) in multiple industries.
English verbal and written communications skills are a must, and fluency in another language (such as Arabic, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, or others) is preferred but not essential.