Where: Madrid (Spain)
Extent of Work: Full Time
Click here to apply in English
You will be joining and forming a part of our Product Team along with our CTO, VP of Engineering and the rest of our highly talented and challenging Product Team. You will also join a very fast-paced Start Up environment. You will have the critical responsibility of ensuring that we create the best product in the market and the best tech tools for our Landlords, Tenants and the Spotahome Team. As we continue to develop our Product Team, you will have great power, therefore the great responsibility of creating an amazing product used by millions and scale it in a way that could be used by millions more. It is a huge challenge that requires both technical and entrepreneurial mindset. You will be challenged everyday with different technical problems and you will have the power to decide how to solve them while communicating with and working alongside our multinational team.
- Design and implement our operational platform, from domain level to RESTful API, applying CQRS, DDD, Event Sourcing and Hexagonal Architecture principles.
- Write reusable and testable code and participate in code reviews.
- Develop and maintain great software with emphasis on reliability and quality.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices.
- Help to hire more engineers.
- Learn fast and be willing to teach other engineers.
- You must be a great problem solver who understands modern web technology.
- True passion for creating clean, functional and well-designed code. Strong focus on Software Design Patterns.
- Experience with any OOP language
- Experience in GIT, Linux and SQL databases (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with RESTFul APIs.
- Solid experience in software testing tools
- Fast learner and eager to learn. Desire to teach and mentor other engineers.
- Spoken and written English.
- Experience in web development.
Nice to have
- Conception methodologies: DDD, Continuous Delivery.
- Experience with systems and IT operations (e.g. Nginx, RabbitMQ).
- Experience with NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB)
- Experience developing and deploying PHP applications.
- Microservices, Hexagonal Architecture and Event Driven programming experience.
- PHP 7.0 experience (e.g. Composer, Phpunit, PSR).
- Github account with code to look at.
- Previous startup experience.