Where: Strasbourg (France)
Extent of Work: Full Time
Click here to apply in English
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure all local files (and HR Systems) are accurately maintained so that employee data can be easily referenced for employee queries and reporting requirements
- Upskill managers and employees to be proficient on use and maintenance of Self Service HR Systems
- Collection of all data for employee payroll and benefits registering and processing, including absences, paid leaves, meal vouchers, etc. As applicable by region.
- Frequent involvement with the payroll functions to ensure accurate recording of payroll information and reporting (to both employees, the business, and external suppliers, and local government).
- Interaction with other business functions as required, including providing finance information and reports as necessary by region.
- Interaction with external providers and local government to provide employee data and details as required
- Liaison with local social administration as required
- Work collaboratively to provide support to EMEA HR Services and wider EMEA HR team as necessary
- Deputise for HR Services Lead as appropriate
- Manage the employee experience from hire to termination. Own the HR Services processes for:
- Pre-hire: Working with TA and HR BP to produce the necessary documents and checks
- Hire: Working with HR BP and TR to provide an induction and onboarding and register for payroll and benefits
- Employee lifecycle: to provide day to day support and training for HR queries (including payroll and benefits), HR Systems, and employee data changes.
- To perform other work related duties as assigned
- Ability to carry out structured problem solving and ethical based decision making.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels across the business.
- Ensuring timely updates to queries, requests for updates, and resolution.
- Ability to perform across functional groups, disciplines and cultures, including globally, resolving issues, negotiate solutions and set priorities.
- Ability to deliver change – initiating and leading activities that have business or cost impact.
- Understands and applies HR policies and systems and complies with all training requirements.
- Appropriate knowledge of Ortho franchise organization and products and their impact on the patient.
- Appropriate knowledge of Health, Safety and Environment system requirements.
- Highly IT literate, with advanced Excel skills
- Experience to be able to operate and support cross functionally (All HR sub-sets and Finance)
- Ability to understand and follow labour and payroll law and practices as applicable by country / region
- Organised – able to cope with extensive documentation
- Good time management and project management skills
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, listening) to enable effective communication across all levels of Ortho
- Necessary behavioral attributes: ability to prioritise, positive attitude, accepting of change, flexible (able to react calmly to the unexpected), self-motivated, results focused, honest, accountability and ownership.
- Utilises the full range of office software and HR systems to deliver HR Services support.
- Able to operate in multi–disciplined, cross-functional, cross cultural & cross-site teams, within a global context if required.
- Able to work in an ambiguous environment; and able to manage conflicting objectives and priorities
- Deals with External Suppliers and Local Authorities
- Problem solving skills and a solutions driven approach is required.
- Using discretion in job activities and operating flexibly to achieve objectives.
- Advising business partners and aiding business decision making.
- Fluent in French / German / English
- University, Bachelors Degree or equivalent HR (preferred)
- Experience in HR and/or Payroll function
- Able to evidence achievement of results in complex/changing environment(s)