Where: Älmhult (Sweden)
Extent of Work: Full Time, Permanent Term
Click here to apply in English
Can you really reach out to the whole world, while working in a tranquil idyll in the middle of forest? In Älmhult, Sweden, you can. Älmhult is home to IKEA Range & Supply that has the responsibility to develop, design, produce and supply IKEA retail channels with home furnishing solutions available for the many people. Each year IKEA Range & Supply introduces around 2,000 new products around the world and the total range is almost 10,000. So what happens in Älmhult definitely doesn’t stay in Älmhult. It reaches practically every corner of the globe.
You see things a little differently. So do we. We believe that your values are more important than your CV. We put togetherness at the heart of everything we do. Come see things a little differently with us.
We believe you are diplomatic, consensus-oriented and have a high sense of integrity and ethical behaviour. You have experience in engaging in public policy discussions on all levels, particularly related to European and/or Asian affairs. You have excellent organisational skills, communication skills and a deep understanding of global political structures, regulatory frameworks, decision-making processes and ways of working. You have a genuine interest in public policy and changes to society, in order to understand relevant global trends and developments and their business impact. Furthermore we believe you have:
- At least 10 years of previous working experience in a relevant position such as public affairs, regulatory affairs, government affairs, or public policy and/or from working inside any national or international institution in a complex context.
- Extended language skills, with fluency in both spoken and written English and preferably an additional language such as; Russian, Chinese, Arabic or Spanish.
- Ability to travel extensively
About the job
The main objective is to strengthen IKEA Range & Supply’s capacity to influence the development of regulations and shape global policy discussions which affect the IKEA range, always with the customers in focus. To this end, Public Affairs seeks to share the IKEA experience and customer life at home with regulators, legislators and opinion-builders and to position IKEA Range & Supply as a trusted, competent and preferred discussion partner around priority topics for the IKEA range.
About the assignment
As Project leader for Public Affairs, you will be part of strengthening the role of Public Affairs within IKEA Range & Supply. Primarily, this means leading projects related to regulatory issues that impact or could impact our ability to market and sell our products in both existing and new markets. In addition, you will develop a strategic approach to better leverage the use of existing resource within the team. The assignment will also include:
- Lead and manage projects, together with responsible units/functional managers, to drive concrete action and support business goals on priority regulatory agendas.
- Gather and create consensus among internal stakeholders and franchisees on specific policy issues.
- Identify and develop trusted relationships with key policy-makers, regulators, standards communities, business associations, and opinion leaders.
- Represent IKEA Range & Supply in external forums.
- Plan, execute, and develop a strategic approach to use existing resources (including IT tools, business associations, and internal and external partners) to strengthen ways of working.
Relocation support can be offered to foreign candidates with residency outside of Sweden.