Where: Mexico City
Extent of Work: Full Time
Click here to apply in English
What will you do:
● Manages large/complex customer facing projects or multiple projects or takes a business management role in an account or group of accounts. Creation of a project schedule and plan with financial, resource and material requirements.
● Develops and presents proposals and final agreements. Provides leadership to project staff including project engineers, vendors, partners or subcontractors. Manages the project from start to completion including the resolution of escalated project issues. Accountable for the Project Budget, Margins and completion within timelines. Presents service business value to customers for new or existing business.
● Influences the customer in the assessment, planning and management of related network projects. May manage internal projects/programs within Cisco. May Program Manage ongoing optimization service to deployed customer networks. Acts as a mentor to Junior Project managers. Works with the Program Management Community to further develop the PM/PGM role, processes and operations.
● The Senior Project Manager will also be expected to contribute to the development of a project management methodology and assist in the construction of a formalized program office.
● The Senior Project Manager will lead Project teams to deliver multiple, simultaneous projects that span across several business or technology areas.
Who you’ll work with
Advance Delivery Centers (ADC) provides flexible and innovative ways to help meet customer needs while improving profitability for Advanced Services (AS) delivery teams. GDC’s highly technical global resources support customer engagements in all theaters acting as a seamless delivery partner to AS practice and theater teams.
ADCs are located in strategic regions around the globe – Bangalore, Dalian, Mexico City, Krakow and Raleigh (RTP) – enabling a more consistent and relevant customer experience across barriers of time zone, language and local regulations. They are looking for high skilled engineers to work across all cisco architectures like Borderless networks, Collaboration, Datacenter/ Virtualization, Mobility, Video, NGN & OSS.
Who you are:
● Project Manager should be proficient with managing scope, time, cost, quality, people, risk and communications for a project.
Project/Program Management experience in the deployment of leading edge technologies in a highly complex commercial environment.
● Has a professional project management training credentials (PMI). Has basic knowledge of routing, routing protocols, switching, internet and general network architecture. Has demonstrated clear leadership skills and experience working with large project teams and strategic account teams. Has a good knowledge of the sales process including risk assessment and scoping. Has demonstrated a good understanding of the legal issues with contracts. Has demonstrated advanced negotiation and presentation skills.
● Understands the organization, aims and processes.
Has good understanding of project management tools like MS-Project etc.
● Good understanding of Quality concepts, methodologies and tools, ITSM/ITIL processes. Knowledge on Industry standard Certifications like ISO 9000.
Needs to be proficient in both English and German (Written and Verbal) languages.
● Typically requires BS/BA degree or equivalent plus 10+ years to 14 related experience in networking/telecommunications industry OR min 4-7 years managing LAN and/or WAN network implementation and support PLUS 4-5 years in a Clearly defined Senior Project Management role. Requires professional PM certification, ESi, PMP or equivalent.
● Work experience with European customers being onsite in Europe a definite plus.
● Cisco certifications like CCNP, CCxP