Where: New York (United States)
Extent of Work: Full Time, Permanent Term
Click here to apply in English
As a Client Care Counselor you will manage clients facing urgent or crisis situations requiring immediate attention via telephone or chat modalities. Taking care of our clients’ means evaluating needs, assessing risks, crisis containment, assisting in single sessions and providing necessary resources to resolve challenges.
• Providing telephone based clinical assessments & referrals, or assessments & short-term problem solving, to EAP users across the country.
• Providing troubled employee consultations & critical incident stress management for client organizations.
• Conducting Problem Gambling assessments & referrals on several state-specific Problem Gambling Help Lines.
• Participating in clinical staffing & in-house trainings.
• Strong emphasis on customer service in dealing with employees of client organizations, Human Resources/Managers of client organizations, contracted affiliate counselors, gamblers and concerned others, insurance companies and more.
• Tracking cases to ensure connection with the appropriate referral
• Assisting contracted Affiliate counselors with inquiries regarding referrals
• Troubleshooting on various issues including technical/website questions from affiliate counselors
Clinical Associates are strongly encouraged to achieve independent licensure.
You’ll work in a fast-paced, learning environment and get the support you need to take care of clients and succeed. Though not guaranteed, you’ll likely make some great friends along the way as well.
Succeeding as a Client Care Counselor will require the following core qualifications and skills
• A Master’s Degree in Counseling Psychology, Social Work, or another clinical counseling field
• Ability to multi-task and provide clinical behavioral health services
• Excellent risk assessment skills, and an ability to adapt quickly to a client’s changing needs
• Strong clinical judgment and an understanding of your responsibilities with confidentiality
• Experience working with substance-related & addictive disorders is an asset
• Strong organization skills, ability to follow-up on cases to ensure connection to referrals
We’re looking for people who will be a good fit with the role and our organization. For this role, bilingualism in Arabic, Cantonese, Hindi, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Portuguese, Spanish and English isn’t required, but it is an asset.
Characteristics of a Client Care Counselor
We believe in hiring character and training skill – that’s why quick learners do well here.
Successful candidates are:
• Passionate about helping others
• Great on the phone and dedicated to providing a meaningful counseling experience
• Empathic and excellent at listening actively
• Go-getters, results-oriented and good-natured
• Happy to work for a successful company that promotes from within
• Glad that our office is located in the heart of the city and easy to access by public transportation.
• Knowledge of File Maker and ability to learn a proprietary case management system.