Where: Amsterdam (Netherlands)
Extent of Work: Full Time
Click here to apply in English
Working closely with our Head of Marketing and the entire marketing team, you’ll be responsible for developing and driving our global PR strategy. Your focus will be on building a strong global brand, creating awareness about TheSocialMedwork and the services that we offer patients, doctors and pharmacists globally. You will plan and coordinate ‘PR moments’ in selected countries and liaising with local PR agencies when necessary. We have already had some great placements in top tier publications like the New York Times (example here). Ideally you will bring your current professional network to this role too!
You are driven and a team player. You take initiative, you’re passionate about what we’re trying to do, and ultimately driven by the desire to see as many patients helped as possible—because that’s what we’re all about! You are also motivated by the challenge of educating the general public on our mission and engaging them to help us make change. You like the idea of working in a small but growing team and company.
This is a full time role (40 hours per week).
Head of Marketing and Communications
- Formulating and coordinating targeted global and local PR strategies.
- Writing press releases, headline messaging, email pitches etc.
- Growing a list of media contacts, as well as developing and fostering strong personal. relations – we believe in being in regular conversations with our media contacts, not just reaching out when we have something to pitch.
- Managing all incoming media requests and working with the appropriate team members to develop responses.
- Collaborating closely with all our content producers to ensure we have a fully integrated marketing and PR strategy.
- Managing PR crises including measuring the possible impact, creating solutions, and executing a plan to mitigate any damage.
- Consistently researching, evaluating, and monitoring the best medias outlets to spread our message. This includes staying up to date on the latest successful PR campaigns and tactics to help us improve.
- Working with key leaders in the company to use/grow their personal brands as a way to raise the visibility of our company and its mission. This may include facilitating internal media training.
- Potentially acting as a spokesperson for the company as we grow.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- A ‘nose for news’: you know how to adapt our company’s angle to be newsworthy and relevant for different audiences.
- A goal oriented team player who can set important KPIs and create and implement a strategy that delivers on them.
- Cultural competence—an ability to work with people from various cultures and backgrounds.
- Management skills for collaborating with PR agencies and working towards established KPIs.
- A strong attention to detail.
- Highly organised, with an ability to juggle and reprioritise tasks as required.
- A lifelong learner with a curious mind.
- Creative, flexible and openminded.
- Demonstrated experience working in a PR role—particularly pitching to the press and building a strong brand and reputation. Global PR management is a bonus but not required.
- Native English speaker. A second language is a bonus.
- A tertiary degree, desirably in a related discipline.
- Experience working for a social enterprise, NGO or start up would be advantageous, but not essential. Ultimately, this role would be perfect for someone who is socially engaged, and wants to help create positive social change.
- An ability to work in the Netherlands.
- An ability to travel if required.
- Living in, or willing to move to, near Amsterdam.
- Able to start ASAP.