Where: Lisbon (Portugal)
Extent of Work: Full Time, Fixed Term
Click here to apply in English
This will be a hybrid role, ideal for someone who is hungry to make things happen, get stuff done and keep things simple.
It will require you to organise, influence and get your sleeves rolled up to tackle specific projects within our back office department in Lisbon, the UK Service Centre (UKSC). You will be getting involved in a bit of everything to get the job done.
Who are the team?
The UKSC are our large back office department based in Lisbon supporting a whole host of admin functions for the UK business, covering Claims, Policy administration, Payments, Credit Control, Service Improvement and Robotics.
In the role you will play a crucial part of the UKSC’s delivery plans, tackle large scale operational projects and work across the UKSC team and the UK.
Key responsibilities of this role
As a hybrid between project management and operations management you will be leading large operational projects end to end. Identifying issues, developing project plans, an delivering against them. This will be a great opportunity for someone driven to work in a fast paced, highly empowered role, who enjoys bringing clarity and progress to problems. You will need a “roll your sleeves up attitude”, and be hungry to deliver.
You will work alongside the Head of Operations for the Broker Channel and the UKSC manager.
- Create clear deliverable project plans, ensuring they are embedded, tracked and hold people account to deliver against these
- Be tenacious at combatting ambiguity and “grey areas” to establish total clarity
- Bring clarity over roles and responsibility between UK and Lisbon operations
- Recognise potential process improvements, and simplifications
- Coordinate workshops with all key stakeholders, to determine agile, flexible, supportive best practises, aligned to good governance
- You won’t be working out the answers for individual errors or issues, but you will be responsible for the orchestration of root cause analysis, holding others account to deliver
- You will be responsible for prioritising the delivery plans, working out what will move the dial the most and delivering tangible progress against it while actively de-prioritising what won’t get us there
- Support the team to embed new working practises
- Have experience in influencing people and holding others to account
- Significant ambition to deliver against stretching targets and make a huge difference to the business
- Superb organisation and prioritisation skills
- Project leadership experience
- Ability to juggle lots of work and changing priorities at once
- Strong Excel skills
Nice to haves:
- Experience of managing stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to work independently, with a confident, assertive and resilient approach
- Strong working knowledge of end to end process flows
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, and an ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- The ability to lead, control and focus people within all levels of the business
- Can demonstrate a strong understanding of payment back-office operation workflows e.g. routing, pre-payment checks, payment execution and post-payment query management etc.