Where: Baltimore (United States)
Extent of Work: Full Time
Click here to apply in English
International Care Coordinator (Bilingual: Arabic & English)
Under the supervision of the Regional Administrator of International Operations, the International Care Coordinator maintains an active role within the division to seamlessly coordinate the medical care for international patients referred to Johns Hopkins Medicine International. As a facilitator between international patients and the Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, this role coordinates various aspects of patient care during the inpatient or outpatient stay by adequately assessing patient and family needs. Position demands a highly customer service oriented, knowledgeable and culturally sensitive professional to quickly and successfully manage requests from patients, physicians and clients, while maintaining hospital policies. Working to develop, manage and sustain strong relationships with a target customer base, which includes international patients, physicians and various referral sources, and oversee the management of patient referrals are primary responsibility of this position. Additionally, these responsibilities include ensuring all appropriate appointments, treatment, medications, equipment and general care, recommended by the treating clinical team, are in place, and verifying financial viability of self pay, insurance and embassy patients. This position also serves as a medical interpreter for foreign-language patients and translates documents such as educational materials, articles, and correspondence as requested. Position required a highly engaged, self-motivated individual that requires little supervision and exemplifies service excellence in all encounters.
- B.A. or B.S. (healthcare, marketing or similar)
- Proficiency in oral and written English. Foreign language(s) preferred.
- Knowledge of cultural standards and customs of the international region from which their patients originate.
- Knowledge general hospital policies and procedures, as well as diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy required.
- Working knowledge medical specialties/ sub specialties
- Knowledge of healthcare marketing principles
- General understanding of database management preferred
- Excellent verbal, telephone, and written communication skills to interact with patients, families, members of the health care team and external clients/ referral sources
- Strong customer service skills and knowledge of CRM Principles
- High level of interpersonal and organizational skills to coordinate care for international patients in delicate and stressful situations, and to facilitate requests for various work groups, such as healthcare providers, support staff, and referring sources.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and work in a team environment.
- Ability to make appropriate judgments to resolve issues proactively.
- Ability to work within a multicultural environment and with a diverse customer base
- Experience with windows based software applications (Word Processing, Spreadsheet, Database, Presentation)
- Possesses integrity and accountability in actions and behaviors based on values consistent with the expectations of organizational culture
- Understands HIPPA standards and protects confidential patient information
- Required Licensure, Certification, etc. (to be obtained within the 1st year of employment):
- Medical Interpreter Skills Certification
- Medical Terminology Certification
- Bridging the Gap Certification
- National Code of Ethics for Interpreters in Healthcare
- National Certification of Healthcare Interpreters (CCHI)
- Work Experience:
- Three (3) years of experience with 1 year experience in a healthcare setting that involved significant interaction with patients and/or clinicians (experience within JHM is preferred)
- including of 2 years in customer service or marketing
- International healthcare experience preferred
- Machines, Tools, Equipment:
- Strong computer skills.