Where: Newcastle (United Kingdom)
Extent of Work: Full Time
Click here to apply in English
Spanish Speaking Customer Service/Technical Service Engineer
Our client offers hybrid cloud data services that simplify management of applications and data across cloud and on-premises environments to accelerate digital transformation. As a technical Service Engineer you would provide multi-level technical support for diagnosing and fixing software and hardware issues, case management activity for service requests and equipment as well as resolving customer problems via the telephone, WEB, E-mail, Chat or Auto-support. We require experience in UNIX, Networking or Technical Support.
What we offer….
- Salary, £23,400 per annum (£12.00 per hour)
- Hours of work: Monday – Sunday 8am – 8pm (37.5hrs per week) Full-time 37.5 hours.
(May be occasions when you are required to work outside these hours)
- There are also lots of fun, social activities and team events for you to get involved in
- 21 days holiday (rising to 25) plus statutory bank holidays per annum
What you need…
- Experience in UNIX, Networking or Technical Support
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or engineering, or equivalent level of education or relevant work experience
- Experience/knowledge/interest with Storage Systems (SAN/NAS)
Experience with any of the following would be an advantage, but not essential:
- Windows Server 2003/2008 R2
- VMware ESX/ Hyper-V
- MS Exchange 2003/2007/2010
- Enterprise Backup Software
- Knowledge with file sharing protocols is preferred NFS/CIFS etc.
- TCP/IP or basic networking knowledge
- DNS/DHCP/AD knowledge
- Microsoft/Cisco/ NetApp certifications are a plus