Where: Humlebæk, Helsingør (Denmark)
Extent of Work: Full Time
Click here to apply in English
The User Research team is composed of a mix of people with product design, service design, design strategy, and design engineering as background. Your experience and passion will help us shape where we go next as a team and how we get there, particularly as we move away from creating only physical products. You do this by leading the way and guiding others within our team, but also by taking a lead role on creative workstreams within projects. We’d love to introduce more service design thinking and doing into the organisation, but need more muscle to help drive this.
Working in our team means first and foremost that you are a great researcher, as you will define, design, facilitate, and synthesise user interactions. Based on this, you will deliver actionable insight, shaped by your strategic outlook and understanding of the business context. You know user research is a craft that extends well beyond speaking to people and you show the team how to connect the dots to shape amazing user experiences, physical as well as intangible. Additionally, you will be part of a creative team who will work together to create fantastic solutions based on those insights.
You will travel internationally 10-20% of your time to meet users but will also spend plenty of time in front of the computer, in meetings, or in workshops with team members.
Your main activities will be to:
- Lead a small research team on various projects – you will be the user research project manager, coordinating content, resources, and activities.
- Mentor team members in all aspects of user research, service and digital design, and strategic thinking.
- Determine research objectives and, based on those, design user interactions. You’ll prepare research sessions by recruiting the right participants, planning the interactions, and designing stimulus and tools to capture insight.
- Moderate the conversation when we engage with users.
- Lead the synthesis process to uncover insights and identify opportunities, making sense of everything that was said and observed in interviews. You will then develop compelling ways to communicate these.
- Be part of a creative team within a project; a team who is responsible for designing some of the future products and services of our business.
- For qualifying candidates, there is the opportunity to take on a more formal leadership role as creative lead on a project, where you’ll manage a user research and design workstream and people.
- Develop processes, frameworks and tools to streamline our work and raise the bar of our function, ensuring our insight is usable in the short and long term.
The position is based in Humlebaek, half an hour north of Copenhagen, Denmark.
As our ideal candidate, you:
- Graduated with a master-level design degree (product / service / interaction / UX)
- Are a working professional with 5-12 years of prior experience in a research, strategy, or service design role in a design agency or in-house team where insight and design closely collaborated.
- Have proven mentoring and/or leadership experience.
- Have a strong toolbox of user research and service design skills, tools and techniques. Additional experience in usability engineering desirable but not in lieu of any of the other qualifications.
- (Almost) native English speaker, able to summarise ideas and observations clearly and concisely. Fluency in other languages, including Danish, is a bonus!
- Are a clear and compelling communicator in spoken, written, and visual media. You have excellent storytelling skills and use the usual digital tools effectively to bring insight, opportunities, and user experience visions to life.