Where: Lisbon (Portugal)
Extent of Work: Full Time, Fixed Term
Click here to apply in English
As an international specialist insurer we are far removed from the world of mass insurance products, selectively focusing on key areas of expertise and strength, all of which is underpinned by a culture that encourages us to challenge convention and always look for a better way.
Defined by our strong moral fibre we prioritise above all else the principle of doing what we say we will. Insuring the unique and interesting, our search for talent is the same. We empower our people to think creatively, challenge the status quo and approach things with a solutions focused lens. This results in us being able to provide the type of insurance solutions which are often too complex for other insurance companies, we find a way where others give up.
Our straight talking culture is not for everyone but allows us to strive to improve everything we do and never settle. Trust is integral to how we operate and it allows us to work in an environment where every role has a high level of autonomy; freedom to forge your path and help set the wider agenda is evident in all parts of the organisation. Through embracing an environment that brings together people who are unique and interesting we are ensuring we build a company where teams don’t all think the same – this, combined with a culture where courage to say what you think is not only actively encouraged but is central to our business model has defined our success.
If you thrive in a challenging and collaborative environment where you are trusted to work instinctively and know the company will stretch you to your full potential look no further.
The main underwriting parts of the Group are:
• Hiscox UK and Europe offers a range of specialist insurance for professionals and business customers, as well as high net worth individuals.
• Hiscox International includes operations in USA, Guernsey and Direct Asia offering a range of specialist insurance.
• Hiscox London Market, Hiscox Re and Hiscox MGA underwrites mainly internationally traded business in the London and Bermuda insurance markets – generally large or complex business which needs to be shared with other insurers or needs the international licences of Lloyd’s.
The policy administrator is responsible for the handling of tasks related to the preparation and subsequent administration of insurance policies. Main objective of the role is to provide high quality administrative support to underwriters, brokers and end clients.
The work of the team follows a set process, for a variety of different administrative tasks and this will include
- Office based administration work to ensure high quality and efficient processing of administration requests with specific analysis, from a range of stakeholders including external brokers and end clients as well as internal underwriting teams. These processes include, quote preparation with predefined limits / rates / premium, as well as policy issuing, mid-term adjustments, renewals, cancellations, and pre priced proposals
- First point of contact for brokers and clients to provide superb customer experience by answering all internal and external questions which fall within the policy admin scope, and determine and execute the transfer of all other questions to the relevant departments
- Accurate, timely and efficient data entry of insurance risks as per the Hiscox standards to achieve service excellence, as well as general administrative duties such as scanning, photocopying, profiling, issuing documentation and mailbox monitoring
- Ensuring constant superb quality output by performing regular quality audits
- Testing and supporting UAT as well and new administrative tools, processes and documentation
- Liaising with internal and external parties to respond to and resolve queries within processing deadlines
- Delivering exceptional service standards/KPI’s
- Supporting data cleansing and mass change processing projects
- Preparing management information reports as requested using various reporting tolls and methods
- Participating and providing support to process improvement projects
- Participating and support the implementation in continuous improvement or change project work
- Contributing to technical support and procedural best practice and support
- Providing new ideas and support the team leader and coordinator regarding execution
- Providing support to other teams to cover absences and peak workloads
- You will have a Baccalaureate qualification/A Level qualification (preferred)
- Proficient in written and spoken English (mandatory) and Portuguese (preferred)
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work as a member of various teams
- Curious, willing to learn and showing a challenging conventions spirit
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail and quality to produce high quality output even when dealing with high volumes and under time pressure
- Ability to organise, prioritise and plan workload to meet deadlines
- Demonstrating personal integrity; doing what they say they’ll do when they said they’d do it
- Personable, able to develop rapport easily and build relationships across and outside Hiscox
- Good customer focus
- Expresses a “can-do” attitude
- You will ideally have experience of working in an office environment, ideally in a multi-national, multi lingual environment. This could include work experience as part of a training programme but is not essential. Experience in insurance is an advantage
- Evidence of an interest in a career in administration, insurance or operations is required
- You will need good computer skills including Microsoft Outlook and Excel skills. Training to develop your IT skills can be provided