Where: Mountain View (United States)
Extent of Work: Full Time
Click here to apply in English
Language Data Specialist
- Full Time (ONSITE Santa Clara only)
- Part Time (OFFSITE/ remote only in the following US states CO, MD, MA, NV, NM, NY, NC)
- Student Internship (ONSITE Santa Clara – juniors, seniors or new grads preferred)
We are looking for someone who loves languages and technology, is proficient in English and is a native, fluent speaker in Arabic.
We validate voice recordings and contribute phonetic and other linguistic input to train our speech and language models. Example projects include validating speech training data, working on our pronunciation dictionaries, phonetic transcriptions, data curation for ASR, and other work required to support the training of all our models. There also may be project coordination, Unix and Python scripting tasks available to candidates that demonstrate sufficient proficiency (all related to our language and linguistic work).
You will also have the opportunity to contribute to the creation of best practices and procedures as we grow the team.
You Must Be:
– Eligible to work in the US and proficient in English
– Native and fluent in Arabic (written, verbal and grammar)
– Trained in language studies and/or have a language degree or have a degree in Linguistics or equivalent experience
– Extremely focused and enjoy completing detailed, repetitive data quality verification tasks daily, at a very high quality level
– Flexible and collaborative, but you can also work independently and enjoy taking on new tasks
– Accountable. You take 100% ownership with an extremely high attention to detail and follow through
– Intrigued by language and science, and the possibilities created when these two things meet
It’s Beneficial If You:
– Have experience as a data evaluator or have worked with training data for machine learning
– Are experienced working with data vendors
– Have data curation, data quality or software QA experience
– Have experience working with external business partners and vendors
– Have Unix, Python or C++ or other programming experience
– Have project management/coordination experience
– Are experienced with Google Docs, Excel and Jira
– Are a music lover and enjoy solving puzzles!