Where: Amsterdam (Netherlands)
Extent of Work: Full Time
Click here to apply in English
As the Financial Specialist – Accounts Payable, Purchase to Pay your responsibilities are related to the processing and payment of vendor invoices. In this role you are part of the European Financial Shared Service Center (EFSSC) of Stryker.
In addition to Purchase to Pay, the EFSSC is servicing A2R activities, Master Data, Intercompany, Internal Controls and VAT services with in total about 140 FTEs. The EFSSC is the preferred business partner to support Stryker’s mission and vision for the European business. This will require Finance to focus on the basics of providing financial services and support, deliver value added finance service and support to Stryker Europe. It is Finance’s responsibility to assist the business in taking unnecessary costs out of its healthcare delivery system, achieve better economies of scale in the utilization of resources and leverage activities across functions and geographies to improve efficiency and effectiveness. Finance will be a best in class function, comprised of ethical, talented and engaged people, with efficient processes and effective controls that support our functions and customers. In this role you ensure that:
- All invoices are posted on time.
- Appropriate approvals for disbursements are obtained prior to making payments.
- Transactions are posted to the correct accounts and accurately reflect the business purpose of the transaction.
- Invoices are paid on time.
- All transactions are appropriately documented before authorizing payment.
- All disbursements are in compliance with local policies, laws and regulations.
- Expense claims are processed and paid timely.
- You work closely with the team to resolve issues and to identify and correct root causes of errors.
- Liaise with relevant parties (buyers, requestors and suppliers, etc.) to resolve critical invoice discrepancies.
- All transactions are in compliance with US and local GAAP.
- Maintain documentation to support account balances in a manner that facilitates the efficient review and audit of books and records.
- An accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close.
- Collaborate with the other departments (e.g. Accounting & Reporting) to support overall goals and objectives.
- Work with the internal and external stakeholders (e.g. external and internal auditors) to ensure clean audits.
- Avoids legal challenges by understanding current and proposed legislation, enforcing accounting regulations and recommending new procedures.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including Reconstructive, Medical and Surgical, and Neuro Technology and Spine products to help people lead a more active and more satisfying lives. Stryker’s products and services are available in over 100 countries. Over the last number of years, we have made significant investments throughout its extensive manufacturing facilities across Europe. It has also invested in building a regional support structure in the Netherlands with the creation of a European Regional Head Office, expansion of the Regional Distribution Centre, and building of the European Finance Shared Service Centre (EFSSC) in Amsterdam.
This is an exciting opportunity for a high-reaching Financial professional looking to make a difference, through the development of this new internal organization. The environment is one that is fast paced and dynamic.
What we are looking for:
- Degree in Business and Administration or Accounting preferred
- Fluent in English and good level of French
- Familiar with USGAAP and Sarbanes Oxley Act
- Familiar with Oracle
- Minimum experience of 1 to 3 years relevant working experience in Accounting, Accounts payable or Shared services
- Ability to establish and communicate priorities
- High level of honesty, integrity, commitment and responsibility
- Accustomed to working under pressure and with deadlines