Where: Tallinn (Estonia)
Extent of Work: Full Time
Click here to apply in English
Our KYC (Know Your Customer) team is the first line of anti-money laundering and fraud prevention. Our aim is to build a seamless experience where our good customers’ money is safe. We do this by checking the identity of our customers and getting to know why they are sending money. We leverage technology, understand the relevant legislation and learn from local experts. Our day to day is a mix of completing routine checks and conducting head spinning investigations.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic KYC Specialist to join our growing team in Tallinn. The role is a unique opportunity to support our compliance department and help millions more potential customers save money by using TransferWise.
What you’ll get to do?
- On-board and monitor higher risk customers (both personal and business) who are using Transferwise in different countries;
- Understand our Enhanced Due Diligence processes and regulatory requirements;
- Contribute to building a safe environment for our customers’ money to move in by being a crucial piece of deterring and stopping money laundering;
- Create a wonderful customer experience as you understand that making a customer happy is the key to our success;
- Answer TransferWise enhanced due diligence process related queries from customers, partners, and other teams;
- Contribute to improving our processes and products.
What do you need to have?
- Previous work experience in compliance, KYC or AML;
- Understanding of the relevant regulatory landscape;
- Very good verbal & written English;
- Ability to think outside the box when figuring out new solutions for the customers;
- Ability to multi-task and take responsibility in challenging situations;
- Proven track record of taking individual ownership and responsibilities;
- Strong attention to detail and ability to master direct customer interaction;
- Ability to keep a sharp mind and eye even in routine tasks;
- Flexibility when it comes to working hours as our shifts can be early mornings, late nights, weekends and public holidays.