Where: Milan (Italy)
Extent of Work: Full Time
Click here to apply in English
- Implement & execute competitive and innovative category strategies: based on market intelligence;
- Identify and engage at country level the lead specifiers from the businesses;
- Deliver world class total savings objectives at country level to execute 100% of all levers;
- Ensure procurement technical excellence (Total Cost of Ownership, Supplier Relationship.
- Build within her/his network an ambitious budget and LRP according to Business Partner priorities and participate to cross domain reviews;
- Deliver multi-country saving objectives, follow-up Key Performance Indicators;
- Steer and deliver on ambitious cash-flow improvement initiatives;
- Lead local negotiations as well as any major country projects and/or supplier issues;
- Drive the development of new market opportunities (new suppliers, technologies, substitution products, etc.);
- Set-up and drive a Supplier Relations Management program at country level.
- Ensure with Country Procurement Head, the proper Business partnering in the countries, as it pertains to their respective categories;
- Ensure the appropriate level of communication with the Country Procurement Head and her/his team (change management / BP, controlling, lean, etc…), to act as One Procurement community for a full alignment with BP;
- As per assignment, act as Site Focal Point for the COCADE Procurement perimeter.
- Secure the proper resources allocation and means according to category’s objectives as well as business priorities;
- Manage country lead buyers and other resources under their responsibility;
- Guide the operational Buying/Purchasing process for purchases accordingly with Buyer threshold policy, a) Challenge business requirements (buy better, buy less); b) Lead the Purchasing process (identification of potential Suppliers, conduct bidding and negotiation, select supplier); c) Negotiate Contracts & optimize existing agreements (buy cheaper);
- Ensure procurement management excellence: country category team management allocation, country lead specifiers collaborative relationship, usage & leverage of procurement academy, talent management.
To excel in this role, you need to:
- Sound technical expertise on pharmaceutical industrialization and medical devices;
- Successful track record in management of complex international teams;
- Capability to manage business and interact with executive level: internal and external stakeholders and suppliers;
- Solid presentation skills;
- Experience in leading multinational teams;
- Team development and conflict management skills;
- Capability to work in a matrix and complex environment;
- Prioritization skills;
- Analytical skills, result-oriented, highly resilient;
- International and multi-cultural mind set.
- University Degree with at least 10 years’ experience in a Management or Transversal role;
- Proven record in Procurement, Supplier Relationship management, Change management;
- Strong financial background business acumen; ability to build sustainable business connectivity;
- Preferred experience in larger global companies;
- Sound knowledge of Excel, programming;
- Strong knowledge of IT tools for purchasing, sourcing, supply, finance and logistics;
- Market intelligence expertise;
- Fluent in English; additional knowledge of French or Spanish are required;
- Willingness to travel (up to 30%).