Where: Lisbon (Portugal)
Extent of Work: Full Time
Click here to apply in English
The main underwriting parts of the Group are:
• Hiscox UK and Europe offers a range of specialist insurance for professionals and business customers, as well as high net worth individuals.
• Hiscox International includes operations in USA, Guernsey and Direct Asia offering a range of specialist insurance.
• Hiscox London Market, Hiscox Re and Hiscox MGA underwrites mainly internationally traded business in the London and Bermuda insurance markets – generally large or complex business which needs to be shared with other insurers or needs the international licences of Lloyd’s.
Support Line Manager and European Accounting Team in the accomplish of day to day accounting activities and deadlines.
- Regular posting of business transactions;
- Month, Quarter and Year End activities;
- Support Accounts Payable and Treasury processes which are processed within a group function;
- Accounts, banks and systems reconciliations;
- Intercompany reconciliations;
- Run financial monthly reports;
- Create and/or review processes and internal documentation;
- Support Line manager in standardization/automation of European procedures;
- Maintain KPI’s and assure SLA’s are accomplished.
- You will have a degree qualification in Economic/Administrative/Accounting area or equivalent;
- Fluent in English;
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work as a member of different teams;
- Focused attention to detail and accuracy, structured and autonomous working style;
- You would need to be able to explain your findings in a simple way that does not mislead or confuse;
- Be organised, efficient and logical in the way you carry out your work.
- You will need to have working experience in Accounting in a middle-sized company;
- You will need good computer skills including Microsoft Outlook and Excel skills.