Where: Ambanlagoda (Sri Lanka)
Extent of Work: Full Time, Fixed Term
Click here to apply in English via e-mail
Always wanted to work for a limited time in another country? Experience a different culture? Support others to relax, rejuvenate, rejoice (and get a fair share of that yourself)? Read on…
Relax. Rejuvenate. Rejoice. This is what the Amba stands for. With only ten guest rooms the Amba offers guests a personalized and outstanding level of service for Ayurveda treatments with the focus on guest’s health and well-being. The hotel is off the beaten track on the south-west cost of Sri Lanka; few kilometers outside of Ambalangoda, an authentic and thriving mid-sized Sri Lankan town.
Make a difference. At Amba we created an atmosphere for our guests to heal body and mind. In this fast-moving world where often, people lack time for themselves, we want to give space for individualization. You can be part of that while working at the reception, being a host for our mainly German speaking guests, look after the reservations and possibly even supporting in some marketing activities.
Chose to be welcomed in our team, where you can really make an impact – every day. Here you will support our guests to have a perfect holiday from beginning to end. By taking on this challenge you continuously establish expertise in reservation matters, hosting and communication skills – be the main contact person for our German guests.
- You will increasingly take on responsibilities within a team that makes our guest’s stay worthwhile and get their happiness as an additional reward
- You will communicate with our guests in German via e-mail and phone and look after an easy reservation procedure
- You will follow up reservations and payment procedures and be accountable for these
- You will organize airport transfer
- You will welcome our guests and explain the procedures in our house and lead them to their room
- You will understand our guests needs during their stay and make things happen to make it a perfect one
- You will support in writing newsletters to our potential guests, looking after some maintenance on the website, social media and ideally even come up with some Marketing ideas on your own
- You will assist the Ayurvedic Doctor in consultation
- You will develop an appropriate guest feedback system
- You will promote excursion for the guests
- You will expand the clientele by developing international market in consultation with Centralized reservation team
- You will submit the relevant reports as and when required by the top management
- You will demonstrate a high level of integrity, take ownership of personal and team actions, promote collaboration, nurture a positive, professional work environment
- Possibility to live and work in Sri Lanka for minimum period of 7 months
- Relevant experience in hosting and reservation matters
- Knowledge in marketing will be a definite advantage
- Very good skills in organizing as well as experience in coordinating
- Very good communication & writing skills in German & English, as well as a high guest-focus and a professional appearance
- The ability to understand our guests needs
- Team spirit as well as flexibility, creativity, mobility and commitment
- Excellent MS-Office skills
We will provide economy flights from Germany (there and back one time), accommodation, food, and a monthly fee. We even will provide guidance on obtaining the Visa.