Where: Seattle (United States)
Extent of Work: Full Time
Click here to apply in English
* Editing, copyediting, and localizing a variety of company-wide materials, such as templates, rulebooks, brand- and product-related text, press releases and other marketing materials, and more.
* Editing for grammar, punctuation, spelling, style, and slang.
* Ensuring consistency in style and terminology.
* Reviewing, revising, and proofreading electronic copy and hard copy.
* Interacting with fellow localization editors and editors, along with various other department members, such as translators and project coordinators, on a daily basis.
* Regular reporting on project status and progress to the Manager, Localization Editing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
* Minimum of two years of experience in the localization field and publishing under regular deadlines.
* Demonstrated ability to edit, revise, or rewrite text-based content in language of expertise.
* Must be detail oriented, with proven ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects.
* Must be a team player.
* Native-speaker level in language of expertise and fluency in English are required.
* Demonstrated experience utilizing specialized technical programs to edit files is essential.
* Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Word and Excel in particular, is essential, as is the ability to learn new programs.
* Experience in the gaming industry is a strong plus.
* Knowledge of SDL Trados is a plus.
* Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study, or equivalent years of work experience.