Where: Copenhagen (Denmark)
Extent of Work: Full Time
Click here to apply in English
• Participation in the elaboration of user stories (technical and functional). Agree stories are sufficiently described for their implementation, verification and delivery.
• Responsible for the quality design and implementation (supportable, maintainable, scalable, performant, secure) of applications delivering business value
• Ensuring builds are kept green and the code management strategy (branching) is closely followed.
• Raising capability and standards within team; pairing on tasks, peer review of team members’ code and constructive feedback for improvement in both the code base and team capability (embraces blame free feedback)
• Proactive contribution to continual improvements within your team through both active participation in retrospectives and from engagement with cross team bestpractice communities
• Support Product Owner to identify and manage risks, debt, issues and opportunities for technical improvement
• Support the recruitment activities for new developers hires
• Technical support during cut-over activities
• Technical support in- and out-of-hours as part of team’s support rota
We are looking for
• Current hands-on experience of online user interface development
• Delivery of small complete changes at high cadence
• Experience of writing front end code to be cross-browser, cross-device friendly. A focus on Responsive/Adaptive/RESS UI development and where each is most appropriate is crucial
• Working with and contributing to open source projects
• Experience within a customer focused environment
• Knowledge of front-end frameworks such as Backbone, Angular (2+), Vue.js
• Knowledge of front-end state management patterns and implementations (Flux, Service Worker etc)
• Knowledge & experience of Node (beneficial)
• Experience of parallel front end and application development.
• Experience of developing for componentised systems such as Content Management System (CMS), transactional, and online self-service portals is a distinct advantage.
• Experience of developing UIs for multi-lingual websites, including Arabic and Chinese considerations.
• Knowledge & experience of modern software engineering techniques such as:
o Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Delivery (CD)
o Test-Driven Development (TDD) is desirable
o Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD) is desirable
o Version Control Systems (Subversion / GIT & GITFLOW)
o Code validation and quality analysis (e.g. Sonar)
• Ability to manage conflicting priorities and multiple tasks
• Able to work in a collaborative environment
• Good critical reasoning and problem-solving skills; takes ownership and sticks to the problem until it is solved
• Customer-focused, whether responding to support queries or developing new features and/or functionality
• ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Able to review code, giving constructive feedback and guiding other front-end developers in the right direction
• Solid written and verbal communication skills and able to articulate technical complexity to be understood by both technical and non-technical personnel
• Able to develop junior staff technical capability