Where: Amsterdam (Netherlands)
Extent of Work: Full Time
Click here to apply in English
The benefits administrator position is responsible for directing and planning the day-to-day operations of group benefits programs and of certain individual benefit arrangements reimbursed fully or partly via payroll (group health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, (worker’s compensation I think this is normally managed by local HR as there are no payroll impacts, just an invoice, and local HR does the case management), life insurance, and accident plans, flexible spending plans and retirement plans). The benefits administrator also provides excellent customer service and partners with the CoE to deliver quality benefits plans, administration and communications, improves existing programs admin and communications, and supervises a monitors benefits administration, as well as provides analytical and technical support in the delivery of the benefit programs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Serve as primary contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators. Coordinate transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration. Evaluate and revise internal processes to reduce costs and increase efficiency. Document and maintain administrative procedures for assigned benefits processes. Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations. Ensure timeliness and accuracy of required reporting and fees.
- Coordinate or oversee daily benefits processing. Handle enrollments, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims and compliance testing. Oversee maintenance of employee benefits files, maintain group benefits database and update employee payroll records.
- Gather employee data and oversee the processing of monthly billings and the preparation of vouchers for payment of administrative fees for all group plans.
- Perform plan audits. Prepare, collect and organize data for actuarial assessments. Review data in conjunction with actuarial evaluation task forces.
- Review both short- and long-range cost estimates/projections and relevant statistical analyses regarding modifications in benefits programs and implementation of new programs.
- Survey industry trends. Complete benefits surveys and review information obtained from the results. Analyze complex benefits information. Forecast trends and partner with the CoE in future benefits designs and in the development of specific recommendations for review by management.
- Partner with Benefits COE to monitor administrative costs of benefits programs and recommend cost containment strategies, including alternative methods for administration and funding. Prepare budgetary recommendations and assist in the monitoring, verifying and reconciling of budgeted funds.
- Provide customer service support to internal and external customers. Develop communication tools to enhance understanding of the company’s benefits package. Partner with CoE to Design and distribute materials for benefits orientations, enrollment, summary plan descriptions and any large scale changes resulting from legislative change or redesign. Provide training and support to group benefits associates, home office associates and the field staff.
- Partnership with Benefits COE to audit the accuracy and performance of functions performed by benefits staff. Analyze current benefits, evaluating the use, services, coverage, effectiveness, cost, plan experience and competitive trends in benefits programs, and identify the company’s stance
At least 3 years’ experience of related benefits or employee benefits administration experience
English language essential. German, French, Italian and/or Spanish language preferred.