Where: Budapest (Hungary)
Extent of Work: Full Time
Click here to apply in English
Our KYC (Know Your Customer) team is the first line of anti money laundering and fraud prevention. Our aim is to build a seamless experience where our good customers’ money is safe. We do this by checking the identity of our customers and getting to know why they are sending money. We leverage technology, understand the relevant legislation and learn from local experts. Our day to day is a mix of completing routine checks and conducting head spinning investigations.
What you’ll get to do:
- Review low risk customer identification and other relevant documentation to ensure legitimacy;
- Ensure that information and documentation provided by customers, from external data sources and from your own reviews (e.g. websites and company registries) meet our requirements for verification;
- Effectively work through the backlog of verification cases maintaining speed, quality and consistency of work;
- Take limited risk-based case decisions within the context of our customer due diligence policy;
- Communicate clearly with customers by phone and email where further details or clarifications are required;
- Learn and understand our regulatory obligations, how our policies fulfil them and our risk-based approach to deterring and preventing money laundering and financial crime;
- Escalate any suspicions and/or concerns to the AML (Anti-Money Laundering) and Fraud teams for review;
- Work as a team player to deliver a great customer experience, going the extra mile where needed and sometimes contributing more broadly through side projects.
What we’re looking for:
- You’re flexible with working hours;
- You’ve very good verbal and written English; German and/or Spanish language proficiency is a plus;
- You’re able to multi-task and take responsibility in challenging situations;
- You handle routine;
- You’re punctual, independent, proactive and willing to get things done.