Where: Tallinn (Estonia)
Extent of Work: Full Time
Click here to apply in English
We are currently looking for a strong Senior Accountant to join us in our Tallinn office.
A bit about the role:
- Own, maintain and reconcile the accounts in your entities, for example verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies.
- Perform daily bookkeeping of one or several subsidiaries of TransferWise (processing purchase invoices, vendor management, etc)
- Conduct month-end and year-end period closing process, post related transactions, ensure compliance with IFRS and local accounting rules where applicable.
- Assisting in global and local audit processes.
- Support our local accounting partners to ensure they adhere to TransferWise processes and accounting rules as well as local accounting and tax requirements.
- Participating in different projects across the finance as we build a finance function for the future. We expect to be implementing numerous system and process changes over the coming months and years.
A bit about you:
- Strong knowledge in accounting.
- A team player who is able to withstand fast-changing environment, flexible and resilient.
- Positive and cooperative attitude combined with a hands-on, approach – a ‘doer’.
- Not afraid of making decisions: can work autonomously, taking initiative, proactive, motivated, results driven and possess good problem-solving skills.
- Able to effectively prioritise and manage multiple tasks whilst achieving deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Willingness to travel.
Could give you an advantage:
- Experience in working in fast-growing company with spirit of startup.
- International experience: working experience abroad or in an international company, demonstrating ability to work across cultures and a good understanding of international of handling of cultural differences.
- Master’s degree in accounting/finance, ACCA or similar.
- Knowledge and experience with IFRS and consolidation in a multinational company.
- Hungarian language skills and some knowledge of Hungarian accounting and tax requirements.