Where: Bengaluru (India)
Extent of Work: Full Time
Click here to apply in English
Responsible for copyediting reports – either written by non-native English speakers or that have undergone extensive edits from multiple parties. The senior research associate will address flaws on a very grammatical level to make sure the final published report reads smoothly and is formatted consistently, according to Moody’s standards.
• Copyedit level 1 and low-impact level 2 final (and post-manager-approval) research
• Proofread for spelling, word usage, grammar, punctuation and syntax
• Ensure that Moody’s house style is followed and formatting is correct (exhibits, headings and headlines, etc.)
• May flag questions, but is not a fact checker and is not responsible for factual accuracy, which lies with the LOB
• Identify documents in need of additional work around content or logic and escalate to Analyst and Financial Writer
• Help analysts understand editorial changes and apply them to future work to improve analysts’ writing skills
3-6 years of proofreading experience at an online or print publication, or corporation
- Bachelor’s degree in English, writing, journalism, communications or other related fields
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience with Methode is a plus
- Knowledge of Associated Press style; willingness to become an expert on Moody’s style
- Broad understanding of capital markets, finance and credit.
- Highly organized and efficient
- Self-starter and able to adapt to change quickly and multi task; able to meet tight deadlines
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effectively edit clear, concise copy for publications.
- Strong attention to detail
- Works well independently under pressure in a collaborative environment