Where: Washington (states)
Extent of Work: Full Time
Click here to apply in English
We’re looking for a star with both community management and abuse experience to expand our Trust & Safety team in the Dulles, Virginia office. Trust & Safety is a team that handles legal and policy issues, and aims to make Tumblr a safe and positive community for all of its users.
What you’ll do:
· Review reports of potential violations of Tumblr policies or law, deal with any corresponding violations and respond to users where appropriate.
· Participate in creating and refining Tumblr site policies.
**Please note that you may be exposed to graphic and/or disturbing content.
What we’re looking for:
· High energy and a strong work ethic.
· Passion for Tumblr and an extensive understanding of our features.
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills, empathy, and the ability to work effectively across different subject matters (e.g. policy, law, and technology).
· Ability to be consistent with application of policies or direction given.
· Deep experience with Internet communities of all kinds (Tumblr in particular!), and knowledge of all the issues that may arise from said communities, like copyright, trademark, privacy, harassment, harm to minors, etc.
· Great judgment. Better yet, really great judgment.
· Passionate, innovative, and a desire to work in a flexible and fast-paced environment.
· BA / BS degree.
Nice to haves:
· Previous experience with abuse policies and enforcement.
· Previous experience with customer support and ticketing systems.
· Previous work at a tech startup.
· Foreign language fluency in any of the following: Korean, Brazilian Portuguese, German, and Arabic.