Where: Brussels (Belgium)
Extent of Work: Full Time
Click here to apply in English
The paralegals in the EU practice provide support to an international group
of lawyers in the competition, and regulatory area, with a particular
focus on European competition law.
Job duties include:
- performing legal and factual research in all areas of EU law, including relevant
Member State law;
- supporting lawyers on large transactions, investigations and litigation cases
through research, analysis and general case management, including the
organization of case files using litigation and document management software;
- assisting lawyers with drafting, preparing and producing regulatory filings with
various European and national authorities, including the coordination of
assistance provided by their secretaries and other support staff members;
- participating in large discovery phase document reviews and due diligence
investigations as part of a larger team of lawyers and paralegals;
- assisting lawyers with researching, updating, editing and publishing books
- performing language reviews and translations, monitoring legal developments,
and maintaining various internal collections of reference materials and knowledge
The Successful Applicant
- Paralegal candidates should be English-native speaker.
- Knowledge of other European languages is an asset.
- A master degree in law is preferred, but alternative four-year university degrees in economics, political science or humanities are considered.
- Previous editing or publishing experience in English, or other relevant experience, such as an internship with the European Union institutions, would be a distinct advantage.
- Candidates should be intellectually curious and should have a keen interest in new technologies and a good working knowledge of computer programs and databases.
- We look for entrepreneurial, meticulous and well-organized individuals who are able to work both independently and within a team.
- Candidates should be flexible, have excellent interpersonal skills, cope well under pressure, and have a strong sense of responsibility.