Where: New York (United States)
Extent of Work: Full Time
Click here to apply in English
- Manage media relations and press opportunities for City Harvest.
- Oversee daily account management of our external PR firm, including: facilitating media opportunities, conducting research, and providing resources for pitches.
- Conduct proactive media outreach and build relationships with media contacts.
- Assist with writing, editing, and proofreading content for op-ed/byline articles, talking points, marketing materials, including newsletters, one pagers, web, and email.
- Assist in the collection of stories from the field to help bring City Harvest’s work to life.
- Manage tracking and internal communication of press coverage.
- Own organizational stats and ensure consistency across the organization.
- Help position the Marketing & Communications team as a source of internal expertise on language and messaging.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in communications, public relations, or journalism is a plus.
- 3-5 years professional experience, preferably in an agency, in-house PR/communications, or journalism/publishing setting.
- Excellent writer and editor with great attention to detail; strong project management skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and in cross-functional teams.
- Track record of media and byline placements
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel. Experienced in using media tools such as Cision, Meltwater, etc.
- Nonprofit/advocacy experience, and a passion for fighting hunger in NYC are pluses!
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish) is a plus!